What's the deal with Lindenwood????

St. Charles, MO

Re: What's the deal with Lindenwood????

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:49 pm

Well..........finally played this course earlier today. About six months later than I thought it would be. Anyway, in my honest opinion, the course is kind of disappointing. Out of 18 holes, there are maybe 6 good ones. A couple of decent ones in the woods on the front nine. The back nine? Wow, LOTS of walking & wide open, boring holes. Hole #15 was hard to figure, you finish # 14, start looking for #15's tee, & instead find #15's BASKET, & have to walk WAY out to the tee & throw back! WTF?? The starting hole & the two closing holes are pretty cool, though.

The course NEEDS trash cans. Oh, & all that crap about only students & alumni getting to play?? Just that, a bunch of crap! Go out & play this place if you've been waiting to do so.........
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:57 pm

Just show up and play, is that what you did?
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:25 pm

STARFIRE wrote:Just show up and play, is that what you did?

Yes, that is EXACTLY what we did. There was no indication that the course was in any way closed to the public. I have NO IDEA why or how that rumour got started, but it appears to have been a bunch of B.S.................... :roll:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby TCBROWN on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:25 am

For those of you who don't know me I am a student at Lindenwood and help in getting a course in at Lindenwood. I was working there but for family reasons had to take a job doing something else. I know how the course is run and what is going on. So what I am about to say is not a rumor.

Here is the deal with Lindenwood:

1) The course is suppose to be "closed" to the public. As long as a group has a current student or alumni with them you should be fine. That being said I know people are going to play the course. Just be respectful. Most of the people reading this know what I mean. Pick up trash and don't vandalize. If you are approached by someone from the school be respectful.

There has been a lot of trash built up so far. Hopefully this will be solved with the addition of trash cans in the next few weeks. Also some of the tee signs have been bent and people have been written on. If you see people doing this stop them.

2) Lindenwood is a dry campus. That means drinking and smoking. We don't want another Muegge Rd. situation on our hands.

3) The office I used to work in is in the process of buying trash cans and pavers to help with course navigation. Hopefully this will be done in the next few weeks. They are also trying to get a mower bought just for the course. RIght now the field that the course is in only scheduled to be mowed once a month.
Remember: this is a new course and Lindenwood is still trying to work out the bugs and get it set up.

The reason the course is public:

Lindenwood does not want the public to over run the course (not a huge problem) and to vandalize it (which had already been a problem).

What I am attempting to do:

ALthough I do not work for the school anymore I have a lot of really good connections. I want to build a good reputation for disc golf and disc golfers at the university. I would like to get some leagues and tournaments set up at the school. This summer since there are not any students there I am going to try to get a league set up for the public. Through the league I want to set up some work days and course improvement. So we can show Lindenwood that not all disc golfers are bad.

I will keep you posted on any progress.

PM me with any questions.

T.C. Brown
I'm not a junkie; I'm a disc golf enthusiast!

I will play anywhere
Call me for a game 636.219.7204
TCBROWN
Par Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:25 pm

Thank you, TCBROWN, for clearing the air & letting everyone know EXACTLY what is the deal there at Lindenwood. Sorry if I wasn't presenting things quite correctly. I do look forward to playing the course again sometime, even if it sounded like I wasn't all positive about the course........... 8-)
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby TCBROWN on Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Its all good man. If you ever want to throw at Lindenwood or anywhere else hit me up.

I will play anywhere
TCBROWN
Par Poster

Postby fredward longshanks on Tue May 04, 2010 9:31 pm

I have been playing it for the last couple weeks. I just show up and play. There are no sign indicating it is private. I am concerned about the amount of litter that the disc golfers are producing. Some knuckleheads just don't understand that if they litter and leave beer bottles in the woods, then the course could be removed. Meugge Rd. all over again. Lesson not learned.
fredward longshanks
Bogey Poster

Postby TCBROWN on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:28 am

Last I heard Lindenwood should have trash cans and signage out on the course very soon.

I will play anywhere
TCBROWN
Par Poster

Postby wachoutforthattree on Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:27 pm

If your concerned about the trash problem you could do what alot of us already do. Bring a bag with you and pick it up as you play. People that don't pick it up watch you do this and are less likely to throw there trash down. It sucks carrying a big black bag through the course but it definitely feels rewarding. And alot of times the next time you go out you shoot your best round. You will be rewarded. You can also post this as volunteer hours and receive tickets for a basket from what I've read. Good Luck. Ben
wachoutforthattree
Par Poster

Postby emptv on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:39 am

Disc Up,
The thing about the trash is, that if people see it lying around they are more likely to add to the pile instead of disposing of it properly. If there is not a pile of trash, most people think about it a little more before littering. Also I noticed that most of the trash is recyclable beer cans, so if you wanted you could take them to the recycle center and get $$ as well as that good feeling for cleaning up the area.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $180/$97
Sweeps= $4/$11
Fun= $378
emptv
Ace Poster