St. Louis City-Carondelet

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

Re: St. Louis City-Carondelet

Postby discdoh on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:46 pm

Matt,
I have 1 all metal Shark Bite basket and 1 DGA Mach Lite. I will be attending, so you are more than welcome to use the baskets.

Greg D'OH
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby gottagothrow on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:17 am

Matt,
I have two baskets you can borrow. One is a Discatcher Pro. The other is similar to the Discatcher Pro, but is a Russ Burns Monkey Chains basket with double chains. I think it is a better basket than the Discatcher Pro.

I am not sure if I can actually be there right now, but you are welcome to them. Give me a call or catch me at league.
DD
Remember, there is no disc.
http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/
Tag # 1 (in my imaginary world)
PDGA # 26478 rating 935
38.517136°N, 090.280311°W
gottagothrow
Birdie Poster

Postby eupher61 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:44 pm

I have not reserved a pavilion or asked to run anything at the park, however I ask everyone to be at their best. Some local park board members and other city officials could be stopping by to see disc golf in action.

Just to emphasize Matt's statement. This could make or break any possibility of disc golf in the City, for a number of years at least.

If you must have adult beverages, keep 'em concealed as much as possible. If you're into green, keep that to ourself as much as possible too. Use a little sense, don't do anything that 1) could get you into trouble 2)could get the rest of the playing group in trouble 3)could hurt any future.

Censorship is wrong. Self-censorship is mandatory.
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby Matteo on Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:14 pm

All
Things are moving again with the City. Chris and I went to a Forest Park Forever meeting last night and we have a solid base to start from. This includes all St. Louis City Parks, so if you were planning on contacting anyone call Chris Kinsella or Matt Augustin first. We want to present to the correct people looking as professional and consolidated as possible. They have a lot of things on the table and don't need a bunch of people coming from all directions. We can resort to that later if we get shut down through the political channels.

What you can do to help:

-If you have a design for a course at any city park Chris and I would like to review it and possibly use it in our presentation.

-Go design a course in a city park. We can organize our efforts set up a temp etc. etc.

-Spread the word as I'm sure you already do.

-Post ideas etc. here to be considered for the proposal.

Thanks in advance for your input.

We have a tentative meeting in December with the Parks Commissioner and his boss.
AM FOR LIFE! If I could only putt.......
Matt Augustin
PDGA 12619
Matteo
Bogey Poster

Postby Matteo on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:13 am

Carondelet is off the table for now. Great news out of this though, Forest Park is very much on the table. I am moving this discussion to the Forrest Park thread.
AM FOR LIFE! If I could only putt.......
Matt Augustin
PDGA 12619
Matteo
Bogey Poster

Postby legendarydave on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:29 pm

hahahahah love posting in a 3 yr old thread...
David Meyr 63111 (would literally ask strangers to sign a petition and I would pay $$$ to sponsor a hole if this EVER happened)
legendarydave
Par Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:37 am

That is what this project would need - a champion who lives in the Carondelet neighborhood to lead the charge. We've been told in the past that it would take the concensus of the folks who live in the area to approve and be behind a course going in there before anything could happen.

Is it YOU!
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby legendarydave on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:54 am

Well crap I better start shaking babies and kissing hands... errr... ummm... wait the other way around!
legendarydave
Par Poster

Previous

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion