;>) Traveling Laker League (Chapter1: A New Hope)

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League

Postby eupher61 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:00 am

waiting for directions and details. Not sure I'll make it, sleeping sounds like a great idea...
steve
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League D'oh, not October

Postby REDARMY on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:19 am

emptv wrote:Disc Up Mike,
Thanks for pointing out that, YOU PASSED THE TEST :!: :D Nobody else who read that noticed or corrected it, so in essence they failed. :cry: You get an A+ and your choice of:
1) A cookie
2) A medal
or
3) A chest to pin the medal on. :lol:
Just kidding :roll: but thanks for catching that. Stupid brain cells, :x telling me that I can multi task when I've killed so many of them. :mrgreen: Will you be shooting with us on Sunday, quite likely to visit Fast Eddies again :?:

8-)

nah, been to that park, not worth it to me to drive there again, and getting my troop together for a round at collinsville at noon it looks like anyway
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

;>) Traveling Laker League Outlaw doubles event

Postby emptv on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:30 am

Disc Up akooler,
Nov 20th byop doubles in springfield...Is there room to ride with the lakers? And if so when are you guys leaving/returning?

Most of the Traveling LAKERS are leaving Saturday morning early, I am not driving this time but we possibly could fit in 1 more. Do you need a partner? We will probably return Saturday night after eating at one of the dineries in Springfield. I have been asked be Eric G. in Centralia IL to see if we can give a ride for one of their buddies as well, or is that you?
Call me Wednesday and I should have a better grip if we have 1 or 2 vehicles going on the road trip.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
LAKERSwhere? = custom embroidery

The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $132/$19
Sweeps= $10/$0
Fun= $149
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League Outlaw doubles event

Postby akooler on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:01 am

Awesome.. yes that would be me.. I live here in st louis and am playing with Eric G.
akooler
Bogey Poster

;>) Traveling Laker League Sunday, November 21, 2010

Postby emptv on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:00 pm

Disc Up LAKERS,
On Sunday, November 21, 2010 @ 09:00 we will be shooting a round at Sioux Pass DGC. Word is that the baskets will be moved from the positions they have been in since the Club Championships. :D We had a blast at G. Moore DGC last week, as we made some good alternate tees. Also one of the locals was telling us about the strong possibility of another 9 going in. Always great news to hear of the expansion of a 9 hole course.
Good luck to the 3 teams of LAKERS going to Springfield IL, hopefully we can bring back more that bragging rights.
:lol:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.

The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $132/$19
Sweeps= $10/$0
Fun= $149
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby TDR377 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:38 am

I live here in Springfield and i was wondering what course you would be at and what time cause it would be nice to play with some STL people for once.

I dont have a partner cause i really dont know anyone playing down here.

But if yall could let me know that would be great and hope to see you there
TDR377

;>) Traveling Laker League

Postby emptv on Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:17 am

Disc Up TDR377,
Saturday we will be playing in the Outlaw Doubles event in Springfield, IL and on Sunday we will be playing at Sioux Pass. I am not sure what day you are referring to but we will be glad to toss disc with you any

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.

The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $132/$19
Sweeps= $10/$0
Fun= $149
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby tallpaul on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:22 am

How did everyone do in the outlaw doubles; and why are they using our name? I am already getting envious of your warm weather; as it's beginning to get cold here; snow soon, I'm sure.
tallpaul
Bogey Poster

Postby tallpaul on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:40 pm

Never mind; I found it on the Springfield site. None of the original outlaws did all that well. Was the Albanese the junior or the senior?
tallpaul
Bogey Poster

;>) Traveling Laker League

Postby emptv on Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:32 am

Disc Up Paul,
First off, congratulations again on the taking of the trophy and championship of the Traveling Outlaw Event, you put together a great team and Steve is the undisputed belly flop king. :o :shock:
You are correct; we did not fare well at all. We could have gone Am. or Advanced Grandmasters, but we wanted to play the courses at their hardest. It was my first foray into true professional competition as my partner and I went against 2 sponsored pro’s. They had us by 6 strokes and they were not even in 1st at the break! I guess that I need to start by getting into better physical shape so I can stand the rigors of that type of play, not even mentioning the need to better my putting and increasing the distance & accuracy of my drives. Also getting better on my mid-range is a necessity for pro play. Heck that sounds like a lot of work. :roll:
It was the senior Albanese that played. :mrgreen:
Don’t worry about the warm weather, it changed Tuesday and we are now chilly as well. I never did find out why we are not getting some $$ for using the Outlaw name, but this event was posted after I talked to Paragon (sponsor of the event) about supplying dry-fit shirts for the next Traveling Outlaw Event. Hmmm. For the next Traveling Outlaw Event an idea could be having team colored event shirts instead of 1 colored event shirts. The LAKERS have already taken blue if this is the way that we go & Fox Valley would have next call for colors.
Now what is this I hear about Fox Valley taking on Discontinuem? :x Where can I read about this, as Trotter said that you guys were tearing up the website about how much fun it was? Are you already practicing your team for the 2011 Traveling Outlaw Event? :twisted: I guess you are going to make us actually practice our fun pushing ability. We still own the rights to the party, 2 years running. Peoria get ready :!:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.

The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $132/$19
Sweeps= $10/$0
Fun= $149
emptv
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.