Stolen Baskets at Unger

(Unger Park DGC is permanently closed)

Stolen Baskets at Unger

Postby Chris K on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:51 pm

Three baskets were stolen from Unger back 9 between Aug 1st and Oct 23rd. The holes were 7 (by old 9's tee pad), 6 (near the water by old 11's tee pad), and 17 (near the road by old 18's tee pad). The last time I checked was late July and those baskets were still in the ground. All the sleeves are still in the ground.
If anyone knows what happened to them and /or who has them, please let us know. We are interested in getting the baskets back. If the baskets are returned, we will not press charges. A police report has been filed.
Chris Kinsella 314-583-3340
Chris K
Ace Poster

Re: Stolen Baskets at Unger

Postby Chris K on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:19 am

Some of you may be aware that we lost another basket at Unger this week. Hole 1 was vandalized and the top and cage were taken, leaving the pole and sleeve. It was discovered on Tuesday. This marks the 4th basket stolen from Unger and the second one vandalized. Hole 17 had the top taken last year. Our out of pocket expense or replacement cost is roughly $2100. I made three trips (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) to remove the remaining baskets.

I posted a notice at the kiosk and unofficially closed the course until the baskets can be welded and give us time to evaluate our options. Dave Mac said he would weld the baskets but if he is unable; is there someone able to do it?

We have New Courses in the works so there is a lot of work ahead and fundraising to do. The Unger baskets can go into Bridgeton or Forest Park to keep our costs down initially but I still want to keep a course at Unger.

On a lighter note, the baskets won’t be under water when the flooding occurs. I have heard that this year the flooding will be as bad as the past few years have been.

I spoke with Sean Beaury today (Sat) at Unger and he said the basket was in place last week. I may have caught it shortly after the theft.

If anyone has knowledge of the whereabouts of our baskets or has knowledge of persons of interest, please call me. This thief is stealing money from you. He is no friend of ours and should not be protected. Getting the baskets back is more important to us than prosecuting the offender(s) through the courts. Help your fellow golfers and help us retrieve this property.

Chris Kinsella

President

River City Flyers / St Louis Disc Golf Club

314-583-3340

visit www.stlouisdiscgolfclub.com
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby corey on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:32 pm

:evil: ...

yes :idea: , please move those baskets to bridgeton ,,
Corey Uhle
2011 RCF TAG #5
corey
Bogey Poster

Postby irwinje on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:03 pm

In my opinion, there are more than enough reasons to abandon Unger, the least of which being vandalism...
Lets cut our losses and just move the remaining baskets to Bridgeton or Forest Park (whichever comes first). Besides, Sunset Hills already has a putter/midrange course in Watson Trails - there is no need for 2 in that area (especially with Schroeder, Bluebird & Kircher being so close)
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:35 am

Powers,
What would it take to pull the whole course before more issues happen out there :?:
People have time to work but no keys :!: Need place to store even if we have to break down the baskets.
It seems there is no urgency here :?: :?:

Peace,
Just a paying club member :D
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:40 am

rondisc wrote:Powers,
What would it take to pull the whole course before more issues happen out there :?:
People have time to work but no keys :!: Need place to store even if we have to break down the baskets.

Peace,

Ron,
From what I understand that has already happened.......
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:53 pm

rondisc wrote:Powers,

Peace,

for god's sake, ill put them in MY garage if nothing else.

i'd rather have to stumble over some baskets when i take the trash to the curb on thursday than see the baskets sitting there rusting in the floodwater or hear stories about parts and pieces being ripped off.

/NOT a paying club member
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Return to Unger Park