What's New At Quail Ridge - Come Check It Out

Wentzville, MO

What's New At Quail Ridge - Come Check It Out

Postby Jorge on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:05 pm

There is a lot going on at Quail Ridge this summer. New pin placements, new chains, tee markers for the white and blue tees (they are complete, just need to be installed), and retaining walls. Please be patient with us as we make these upgrades to the course. The tee signs will be updated as soon as possible, but until then, keep an eye out for alternate pin placements on holes 1, 2, 13, 15, 16, 17 and 18. Eventually all holes will have 3 pin placements or more and the signs updated, but for now, work with us as we help control the erosion problems and complete these upgrades.

Thanks to everyone who has and will help especially Andy Majesky, Dave McCormick and Tim Finan.

Come on out and check out what's been going on. For a detailed blog of what has and will go on, check out the St. Charles Cuvy Website at: http://discgolfcuvy.webs.com/
Jorge
Par Poster

Re: What's New At Quail Ridge - Come Check It Out

Postby magic on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:20 pm

I just heard from Tim Wiegard and the white and blue tee posts have now been installed on all 18 holes. Thank you very much Shanx! A few of them in the woods can still be difficult to find and I'm looking to get some reflectors to put on them to help make them easier to spot. Eventually there will new tee signs for the reds which should also help in finding the whites and blues.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:30 pm

I menat to post about these upgrades. I think that QR is really turning the corner and becoming a premier course. It was already great for improving on your short game, but with these new holes, there is a perfect mixture of distance and short challenging holes. I definately with I lived closer to Quail and look forward to seeign it improve.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:48 am

Post wooden arrows on the trees to help direct players to alternate tees.

I'd like to see a hanging basket out there....maybe on Hole 5, lol!
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:08 am

The alternate pin placements have been completed on 3 of the holes (1, 15 and 18). Greg should be starting on the new tee signs for those holes soon. As we get some of those completed it should help in finding the whites and blues. It will be a while though before the alternate placements are completed on all of the holes and we can't make the new signs until those are done. I was also planning on getting some white and blue reflectors to put on the back of the posts for the whites and blues, but as of now I am out of funds for the course.

There were a few guys that wanted to stick a pin on top of the huge stump on hole 17. It would be similar to one of the holes at Rosedale in KC if you have ever played that. As of now I'm not convinced though.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby buckstlkr1 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:19 am

Alternate pin placements are located on nine different holes now at Quail. Know before you go...the Cuvy site has aerial pics of each hole with the new pin placements marked and labeled. We put where the basket is currently placed on the news page. Hope this helps! WWW.Discgolfcuvy.webs.com
buckstlkr1
Bogey Poster

Postby Golfer X on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:30 pm

buckstlkr1 wrote:
the Cuvy site has aerial pics of each hole with the new pin placements marked and labeled.

WWW.Discgolfcuvy.webs.com

Very cool. As a lefty I've often shanked to many of those new placements. Again, very cool.
Golfer X
Par Poster

Postby magic on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:34 pm

I'm sure I will be hearing some complaints, so just want to give a quick heads up. On hole 13 the parks dept will be pulling the basket. They have done some work where the original placement was to get that area repaired. Our options were for them to either do nothing at all or to do the work and remove the basket so what they did wasn't wasted. Hopefully it won't be for too long of a time period. My only suggestion is that if you want to get a full 18 in is to play the practice basket.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:05 pm

would it be a good time to set one more hole somewhere else?
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby Jorge on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:39 pm

Andy,

In your estimation, how long will it take until hole 13 is playable again? I don't think putting in a temp hole is worth it if it's only going to be a couple months becuase we already have the practice basket. Plus that means 1 more hole I can birdie.

BTW - I totally blame you for this. How irresponsible it is of you to get the parks department to mow our grass, dig our holes, and fix errosion problems on our course when we don't give them a dime (outside of shelter rentals and the aluminum "soda" cans) and to have the boy scouts build brand new big benches for us. Isn't that child labor? And making Shanks put in all those white and blue tee pad markers and the pin placements - don't you think you are taking advantage of him? At least buy him a mountain dew or something. Maybe if we were to get more money from somewhere we could get even more done out there.

Of course I am kidding, except for more funds in the future. I guess it's about time to re-up with the club and mark Quail as my home course. More to come from quail.
Jorge
Par Poster

Next

Return to Quail Ridge Park