Disc golf in St. Charles County

Wentzville, MO

Disc golf in St. Charles County

Postby magic on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:46 pm

For anyone who has been wanting another course in St. Charles County our best opportunity to make a good impression to those with the power to make it happen will be taking place on Sunday, July 25th.

The parks dept will be hosting “An afternoon in the park” at Quail Ridge to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the park opening which was the first in the St. Charles County system. It will be from 2-6 PM on July 25th. You can see a flyer with more information here http://parks.sccmo.org/parks/.

I have been asked to set up an exhibit for disc golf. There is room for about 3 short temp holes and I will have a putting basket set up as well. The parks dept would like to see some disc golfers show up to help promote the sport and teach people in attendance how to play. The more the better.

There will be many government, business and community leaders in attendance. A few of the people that I know will be there are Bettie Yahn-Kramer (Director of Parks and Recreation), Dennis deJong (Assistant Director) and Steve Ehlmann (County Executive). If we can make a good impression on these individuals it will go a long ways in getting us another course.

I have also been invited to attend a VIP Reception before this and will be doing as much as possible to promote disc golf while there.

So if you want to see another course in St. Charles County please take an hour or two out of your Sunday afternoon and come give me a hand. Be sure to bring a chair with you and some old discs you don’t use anymore to let people borrow while playing the temp holes. We will be set up between the lodge and the group picnic area. All I ask is that you wear any clothing with the RCF logo on it and unfortunately no alcohol.

I do know it certainly won’t help our cause if I am sitting up there on my own.
magic
Ace Poster

Re: Disc golf in St. Charles County

Postby WestPlexer on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:14 pm

Sorry I couldn't make it. How was the turnout Andy? Hopefully good. 8-)
Where did the basket go to now?!
Rick
[color=#BF40FF][/color] RCF Tag#293
St. Charles Club Tag #75
WestPlexer
Bogey Poster

Re: Disc golf in St. Charles County

Postby magic on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:01 pm

Rick, please see a thread under the Announcements section with more information in regards to it.
magic
Ace Poster

Return to Quail Ridge Park