Who else feels like this?

Unrelated to disc golf

Who else feels like this?

Postby BubbaKick on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:48 pm

OK, so we are basically St. Louis guys here. Maybe some of you are a little young and don't remember the Big Red, but before the Rams we had the football Cardinals. Jim Hart, Mel Grey, Terry Metcalf, the Cardiac Cardinals...Conrad Dobler starting a brawl against Miami on Thanksgiving day, causing the league to give the NFC Thanksgiving date to Dallas. Neil Lomax, E.J. Junior, Ottis Anderson, Roy Green, Stump Mitchell...you remember those guys. I was in the upper deck in Busch Stadium in '87, the last day the ST. LOUIS Cardinals took the home field. They beat the Giants to stay alive int he playoff hunt, then choked in Dallas the next week.

I loved that team. It was my football team.

The Arizona Cardinals made the Super Bowl today. I'm PISSED! I HATE the Arizona Cardinals. I wanted Bill Bidwill to die wondering what it was like to own a Super Bowl team. I have a total, all-encompassing hatred of all things Arizona Cardinals, a hatred as strong today as it was in '88 when the moving vans pulled out of town. I'll be rooting for an AFC team in this Super Bowl. I don't even care which one.

Does anybody else feel this way? Or did the Rams Super Bowl make most of you happy enough to forget about the damn Big Red?
BubbaKick
Par Poster

Re: Who else feels like this?

Postby listen4chains on Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:29 pm

They were the Chicago Cardinals first, though, which is why they sucked here....
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby kaht on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:22 am

listen4chains wrote:They were the Chicago Cardinals first, though, which is why they sucked here....

Heheh, that's funny.

Personally, I'm glad that they made it to the superbowl just because of Warner. It's kind of a shame about what happened to him here. He got really big, really fast, and then got a huge salary bonus. Ended up hurt shortly afterward, but continued to play hurt and he sucked. You can't play well if you're hurt, and you can't heal back to 100% if you continue to play. Continuing to play while hurt was a bad idea on his behalf. It got to the point where we couldn't pay him his huge salary to keep him around on the bench and had to get rid of him. Shame too because he obviously had a lot of good years left in him. I just wish it was a Rams team that he was taking to the superbowl again this year instead of Arizona.
Last edited by kaht on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaht
Par Poster

Postby listen4chains on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:47 am

I wish that were the case,too, we (the LAMBS) would have a second chance to beat the Steelers like in 1979... the only SB where I was happy for both teams win or lose, and now, it is almost the same. I grew up in Hawai'i as a Steelers fan, but when that SB took place I was living in LA with my mom, and decided I would like the LA team too. As it turns out, I end up here in St. Louis, and so did the Rams! :D

Kurt Warner is a great guy, and I am only rooting for the Cardinals due to him, but mostly I want the Steelers, my all time favorite team, to win, since the Rams are not there, but if Kurt Warner can lead the Cards to victory I wouldn't mind too much I guess.

I also liked the Raiders when they were in LA, but hated them, and still do, because they are in Oakland again.

Having lived in Hawai'i and Southern California, I still root for USC, and Missouri, and the California/Los Angeles/Anaheim Angels, but NEVER UCLA OR the Dodgers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Strange, that, but true...
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby REDARMY on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:40 pm

warner is past his prime. I could have thrown 3 td's to larry fitzgerald with that excuse for a secondary philly fielded last week.

the cardinals aren't that good as a whole either. people kept raving about the arizona D vs. carolina.....

none of which we're apparantly watching the game. delhomme threw more passes to red shirts than he did his own squad.

arizona's D isn't THAT good (pittsburgh's is better), and the steeler's D won't allow warner and fitzgerald to play catch in miami.

or so the $15 i have riding on it so far says :D

f*ck warner, f*ck bidwell, go big ben and pittsburgh!
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:46 pm

Disc up,

Please remember on Sunday: :D

DON'T DRINK & DRIVE, don't even putt!
Have a great time at the superbowl parties! :lol:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:32 pm

emptv wrote:Disc up,

Please remember on Sunday: :D

DON'T DRINK & DRIVE, don't even putt!
Have a great time at the superbowl parties! :lol:

8-)

Good willin I will see you at the LL ;) Bring my sunglasses. I will call you if I will not be there.

Peace
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:50 pm

Disc up Ron,

I will bring the shades for Sunday.
Be there & have fun.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.