Concrete Tee Pads!!!

Manchester, MO

Concrete Tee Pads!!!

Postby discfiend on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:27 am

Hey has anyone noticed the concrete tee pads thier installing at the 9hole schroder park disc golf course. Thier pretty legit pads, maybe a little shorter than normal. But thier the type get wider towards the front of the tee pad.

I played the course on 7/18 and holes one and two's tee pads have been installed. However, they are putting up a retaining wall behind the first tee pad and thier putting it right up against the back of the tee pad, which is a bit cumbersome.

Only bummer about the concrete tee pads, means the layout of course will shortly become permanent. If nothing else, I think that atleast hole six's tee pad should be moved down toward the street, so that people are not throwing at people's heads on hole one when playing hole 6.

Check it out though. Finally one of city-run nine holers is stepping it up a bit. Back three years ago I tried to get this done when I worked there but got shot down by management and almost fired bcuz of it. Thats politics for you. Anyway's the old director got fired for embezzlement and now things are heading the right direction.
discfiend
Bogey Poster

Re: Concrete Tee Pads!!!

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:48 pm

Wow....that is interesting. I haven't been out to Schroder Park in a while, I'll have to get out there & check it out. Now....if only they would put in another 9 holes!!!! :idea:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Re: Concrete Tee Pads!!!

Postby dischunter21 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:39 am

i play it once a week its a nice course with a much needed ajustment on hole 6 i seen the tee pads there real nice

im sure they improved it there due to the high amout of traffic it is a very busy course another nine holes is a must exepecialy after people find out about the new concrete pads
RCF#471
dischunter21
Bogey Poster

Return to Paul A. Schroeder