I played CC for the first time in MANY years, and...

Maryland Heights, MO

I played CC for the first time in MANY years, and...

Postby fredward longshanks on Fri May 21, 2010 3:06 am

I recently played CC for the first time in MANY years, and I was impressed with the tees, signs with the bolts to show which pin location, landscaping, and hooks on the posts. Thanks to everyone that has put time and money into the course. My only complaint is that the grass was super long, crazy long in some spots, and needs to be cut more often. I guess it is a pretty big expense for the county, for a disc golf course that does not generate any cash.
fredward longshanks
Bogey Poster

Re: I played CC for the first time in MANY years, and...

Postby eupher61 on Fri May 21, 2010 9:58 am

And, it's been raining quite a bit, even though we're 'officially' short on rainfall for the month and year still. (How can that be?)
It was mowed the Wed. before the Open, and by Saturday it was already pretty long and shaggy.
Hart Bros. rock!
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby wachoutforthattree on Sat May 22, 2010 2:49 pm

Are agreement with the parks is that they will mow once a month. They should mow this week if thats the case. They are only going to mow fairways, around baskets and tee pads. Much of the tall grass will probably be left. It is always tall during these months however we are working with the parks to lessen there mowing and to make the course look more sculpted or defined. So head back out there in a week and see if it looks better.

We play up there in the random draw doubles on Wednesday so if your interested come on up. It starts at 5pm.
wachoutforthattree
Par Poster

Postby fredward longshanks on Sat May 22, 2010 3:04 pm

What else is involved in the agreement? Does the club pay the county?

I will head back out in a week or so. Thanks!

wachoutforthattree wrote:Are agreement with the parks is that they will mow once a month. They should mow this week if thats the case. They are only going to mow fairways, around baskets and tee pads. Much of the tall grass will probably be left. It is always tall during these months however we are working with the parks to lessen there mowing and to make the course look more sculpted or defined. So head back out there in a week and see if it looks better.

We play up there in the random draw doubles on Wednesday so if your interested come on up. It starts at 5pm.
fredward longshanks
Bogey Poster

Postby wachoutforthattree on Sun May 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Basically we aren't allowed to bring any motorized equipment on the park. Such as chain saws, mowers.

We do not pay the county parks to mow. That is in there budget for the year through taxes.

They will mow when they get a chance to. Most of the park is very high right now. Not just the disc golf course. But they need to park cars on the course this weekend so they will mow this week.
wachoutforthattree
Par Poster

Postby irwinje on Mon May 24, 2010 11:44 am

FYI: They may wait until next week to mow out there, since the Maryland Heights 25yr Anniversary is June 4th-6th. I would expect them to park cars on the course for that weekend, but I'm not sure what they would need to park on the course for this, Memorial day, weekend. Ben, is there something going on there this weekend that the rest of us don't know about?
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby wachoutforthattree on Mon May 31, 2010 1:15 pm

They mowed the fairways. They will be parking cars on the course next weekend. Come on out next week to the Wednesday weekly. It is the best the course has looked in a long time. They are even spraying around trees to get rid of poison ivy and other weeds.
wachoutforthattree
Par Poster

Return to Creve Coeur County Park