Cheers and Jeers 2010 STL OPEN

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Cheers and Jeers 2010 STL OPEN

Postby mkane on Wed May 05, 2010 4:28 am

Every event has good things about it and bad things to. We can't change what happenned but we sure can make it better next year. Format for this thread, start with Cheers or start with Jeers as the first word of the thread.
mkane
Ace Poster

Re: Cheers and Jeers 2010 STL OPEN

Postby mkane on Wed May 05, 2010 4:34 am

CHEERS
Clean well maintained courses; Endicott was amazing, it rained the entire night before the tourney yet the new drainage installed made holes 4 & 6 dry while hole 8 tee pad has been reclaimed from the swamp. Wow thanks to Tim & Tim
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Fri May 07, 2010 12:12 pm

A Question: Who manages teh club lost and found?
Someone told me that they turned in a lost disc of mine to the St. Louis Open lost and found - who might I contact to get it back?
Thanks
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby wachoutforthattree on Sun May 09, 2010 6:41 pm

I think Red has it with all of the inventory.
wachoutforthattree
Par Poster

Postby HITMAN on Tue May 18, 2010 11:22 am

Jeers
Since no one else brought it up, I didn't play but I would have if they at least had the minimum requirements for a players package. I'm wondering if the guys who did play are going to be reimbursed. That might go a long way towards ensuring that they play next year.
HITMAN
Par Poster

Postby dehaas on Wed May 19, 2010 6:51 pm

What was the story with the players packs? I know I got everything that I was expecting...dri fit shirt and 3 discs...I definitely thought the discs this year were better than in previous years. I had heard stories that not everybody got everything, but didn't know what the real story was. I know I wasn't a fan of the early tee time on Sunday. I left the course right after my second round Saturday and didn't make it to the players party that night and missed my first hole Sunday morning. I understand why the decision was made to move things up, but to make a decision like that in the middle of a tournament that size is gonna be tough to make sure that everybody is aware of the change. I know that efforts were made to make people aware, but not everybody sticks around very long after their scorecards are turned in at the end of the day, and not everybody makes it to the players party. Unless you can be certain that everybody knows of a change like that, I would've left things as they were originally planned.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Fri May 28, 2010 7:33 am

On the players packs:
Although I was not involved with the players packs, I did direct the tourney. We had a plan for pre-registration, and we stuck to that plan. Unfortunately when that plan went so good, we did not have a plan be to plan for the success of plan A. The end result was we failed, and the last 35 or 40 people who signed up the day of the show, did not get the premium players pack, and in some cases, as I am finding out, some players got a non-St. Louis like package, in fact it was not even close. The board has addressed this issue, and has contacted those parties for resolution.
On the start time change:
You are correct, I did not want to change the times, but I made that decision. Rock Spring, though a great course, was a logistical nightmare, and we did not understand that until the tourney was in progress.
Next year will have the big four and we should have the earlier tee-time in the program. My apologies, and my regrets.
Mark Kane
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby hohman on Sat May 29, 2010 5:39 am

What do you meen by logistical nightmares, the only things I heard about alton during the tourney were excellent reviews, I will actually throw out the first vote of making it a mainstay in the open as a lot of people ranked above all the courses played including the beloved jb.
Jason Hohman
PDGA #27508
hohman
Par Poster

Postby emptv on Sat May 29, 2010 9:36 am

Disc up,
Having donated my time this year instead of playing, I got to notice one big flaw. I just happened to bring a lot of food to grill (paid for by myself) and it was a good thing as there were no meals provided for the volunteers and generally we do not get to leave for lunch when the golfers finish their rounds. IMHO meals need to be provided for all of the volunteers, as they help the event run smooth. Something provided to eat, should make it a better day for all volunteers involved.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby slippy on Sat May 29, 2010 11:32 am

I was really looking forward to watching the final 9 so I hauled it from Alton and I just missed it. I think it would be awesome if the lower divisions were able to see them play next year.
slippy
Par Poster

Next

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments