new discs

Talk about discs and other DG equipment

new discs

Postby ilmcgee on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:48 pm

where can you find discs on the east side? I'm sort of new to illinois and wondering where to get some new plastic.
ilmcgee
Bogey Poster

Re: new discs

Postby REDARMY on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:01 pm

i've been round those parts (woodland/rockspring/siue/roxana) plenty of times and never seen anything remotely resembling a DG store.

unless you feel like crossing the river to visit a johnny mac's here, i'd just go to discgolfcenter.com.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:52 pm

there is a johnny mac's and play it again sports in fairview heights that both sell discs. those are the only 2 sporting goods stores i know of that sell plastic. the collinsville group usually has their club stock available at the wednesday night league (which will probably be starting soon) and for the random draw doubles on sundays. i know some of the guys are playing an informal round at 6pm on wednesdays until league starts, and the doubles start at 10:30am on sundays and they travel to alton to play on the first sunday of each month.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:32 pm

LSDisc was in town for the C-tiers, best plastic in town at the time. I also am very careful of my plastic I purchase.

Peace
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby ilmcgee on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:28 pm

thanks for the replies. i've been to johnny macs. they always have discs, but each store gets the same stuff, so once you've been to one, youve been to all. which i understand, they can't keep everything on hand.
ilmcgee
Bogey Poster

Postby ilmcgee on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Those of you in the Alton area, Black's Sporting sells golf discs. They didn't have a big selection, but it wasn't the usual stuff at Johnny Mac's. I picked up a champion coyote with a merry christmas from innova stamp for 10 bucks. Anyway, Black's is near Homer Adams and Godfrey Rd. across from QT. Check them out if your in the area and maybe with more people coming through they will get a bigger selection.
ilmcgee
Bogey Poster

Postby ilmcgee on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:25 pm

went to johnny mac's today and they now have lat 64 discs. this was the florissant location.
ilmcgee
Bogey Poster

Postby jason h on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:41 am

Play it again has tons of disc
Jason Hill
JCS #91
jason h
Bogey Poster

Return to Disc Talk & Equipment Chat