Thoughts after playing Unger!!

(Unger Park DGC is permanently closed)

Thoughts after playing Unger!!

Postby rondisc on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:04 pm

My first thought, AND STILLL IS, is that this is my new home course :) :twisted: :P :oops: :shock: :? 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Straight up. You WILL learn the game if you play this course. I watched 3 water shots in 5 holes from 1 person. I HEARD, A 15 OVER, on the back nine :o :shock: :shock: . Welcome to a serious course that WILL definitely make you a better player. Way fun to play. Still much work to B done. Bring your mudders, you will need them on the front 9. Still a couple of tons of mulch was spread. Come experience a bEaccchhhhh of a course in progress.

lovin it and only 10 minutes from my house :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :geek: :geek:

Peace :ugeek:

8-) 8-) 8-) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by rondisc on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Re: Thoughts!!

Postby glg886disc on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:27 pm

same thoughts. I played it today and I had a great time even with the mud. Its about 10 mins away from my place too so it will be my new home course. A lot of fun and challenging.
tag # 198
glg886disc
Bogey Poster

Re: Thoughts!!

Postby Diersen on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:31 pm

I really like the first hole of the course, it looks really cool. The water holes are a lot of fun. Although I was using a putter for most of the holes, it was a fun course to play. I think raised tee pads would be ideal for some of the holes closer to the lake, but that's just my opinion.
Diersen

Re: Thoughts after playing Unger!!

Postby raymandisc on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:15 am

I've played it once in the Winter Series and shot a 73 which is 11 over par (par is 62). Choosing when to play for par and when to go at a birdie to me is key here. Hiting the spot in the fairway is key on many holes. Since I've played it now, I know where these spots are. The difference between a par and a bogie could be a few feet in one direction or the other. If your going for birdie on every hole on this course you're going to be in trouble.

I'd like to critique a few things and see what you think. On hole 14, the long one by the lake, there is two scrubs that completely block the fairway about half way between the tee and the basket. I'm not a big fan of this. Were these bushes intented to stay? What do you guys think? Also, on hole 11 if you take the safe route around the water and put your drive down to the right past the big overhanging tree by the water, there should be an open shot to the basket. But, there are two small trees about 40 feet between the safe drive and the pin. What you think?

Other than those to things, me like.
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Postby HITMAN on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:56 pm

had a great time. i got to play w/ 4 guys i've never been on a card with, all good players. no complaints about the course w/ the exception of one hole i think it was 5 or 6. i have never been in a worse situation after a bad drive, it was JAIL.after taking a 2 the first round i managed to get get a 7 in the second. i wouldnt mind losing a few trees in that area, not alot just enough to give someone a false sense of hope in case they land in the same place i did.
HITMAN
Par Poster

Postby rondisc on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:41 pm

HITMAN,
yesterday 12 over back nine, today 3 over, 3 birdies :evil: :D 2,3,4,4 on the last 4 holes :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: serious :D WITH A 6 :D :D

Unger management :D back nine for sure :D

Peace
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby xlforlife on Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:08 pm

had fun except for losing four discs to the lake and one in the fairway on 10 but its was great
JESUS TAUGHT ME HOW TO PUTT

2011 TAG 6

C.A.B.#31
ANT#4 2009
ANT#2 2010

If you aint first your last
xlforlife
Par Poster

Postby mkane on Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:14 am

Hitman,
Is that Mick Jaggers retarded brother, or the real reason you don't get up early that much?
I about fell on the floor laughing, that is definitely the funniest avatar I have ever seen!
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby SteveK on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:14 pm

I agree with Rayman, that middle clump of trees / bushes on 14 makes a big difference in playing the hole. Clearing that area would take away some of the pain.
SteveK
Bogey Poster

Postby HITMAN on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:47 pm

mkane wrote:Hitman,
Is that Mick Jaggers retarded brother, or the real reason you don't get up early that much?
I about fell on the floor laughing, that is definitely the funniest avatar I have ever seen!

That would be Joe minus the beard right after hitting his first ace. I'm suprised the big eyes didnt give it away.
HITMAN
Par Poster

Next

Return to Unger Park