2010 SP Winter League

Florissant, MO

Re: 2010 SP Winter League

Postby gottagothrow on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:17 pm

Well, we spend most of the meeting discussing / arguing about pin placements for the "C" tiers versus the Open "A" Tier.

The vote was close, but I believe it was decided the "C" Tier placements would be the same as for the Open "A" tier placements.
Remember, there is no disc.
http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/
Tag # 1 (in my imaginary world)
PDGA # 26478 rating 935
38.517136°N, 090.280311°W
gottagothrow
Birdie Poster

Postby irwinje on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:30 pm

There might be people that are interested in hearing arguments from both tables. I'm not really surpirsed, but I'd like to know why locals aren't offered a little bit of variety for teh tournaments that cost more to play.
If your answer is: Continuity for the A-Tier, so out-of-towners that don't get to play the course every week can find their way around. Then I'd say the 300+ people that pay to maintain the courses and facilitate St. Louis Disc Golf should be more important than people that come in for a weekend or two per year.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:37 pm

I like the idea of using a different pin placement for the c tiers compared to the a tier. The two tournaments are separate from one another, so why use the same pin setup? I understand that there might be a desire to have the same layout so people know the flow of the course, but I bet if you asked golfers after the tournament was over, they would give a better positive response to having a mix of placements as opposed to sticking everything in the long placement. There's nothing wrong with mixing things up a bit, it forces you to play good golf.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby gflap on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:35 am

Need to mix it up. If not, you lose short arms such as me. I'm out.
gflap
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:18 am

This isn't the right thread for this discussion, but hey, it's already happening here so, here goes. I also think it's a mistake not to take advantage of the various different pin position possibilities that we have at Sioux (not to mention- Endi, CC, & JB too). I mean, what's the point of having different pin placements if your NOT going to use them?? Every hole at Sioux has at least 3 or 4 different pin placements, & why not mix it up some?? I would think EVEN the players who aren't locals would like to see other hole possiblities, don't you think? Sioux especially changes quite a bit from A placements to C & D placements, to the point where it often even changes what par for the hole ends up being. Anyway......my two cents worth........
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Previous

Return to Sioux Passage Park