**Winter League**

Florissant, MO

Re: **Winter League**

Postby Robbins on Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:34 pm

I got a chance to play just before dark yesterday and only played a 3 hole loop, 13,14,15. On hole 15, is that an "E" placement? I love it! :D It took me until my third time through the hole to finally 3 it. I think that it is a very solid par 4, and it should be in the layout for the C-tier event and the STL open.
Sometimes I wonder why the Frisbee is getting bigger...and then it hits me.
Robbins
Bogey Poster

Postby HITMAN on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:51 pm

i think ill bring a box of tissues next time i get to s.p. i can leave it right on top of 6c. if you guys spent as much time working on your game as you do bitchin about long placements you might just become serious players :lol: :lol: :lol:
HITMAN
Par Poster

Postby xlforlife on Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:16 pm

ok well i play sioux more than anyone i live 5 minuets from there and francis is the captian of the course so its his desicion the long placements on 6,8 and 15 arent hard just because some people can 3 hole 6 and four 15 with no problems dont mean they beat you there really so theres 3 "stupid holes" ok the other 15 kick ass so suck it up yea i throw far and havent got a three on 6 but im not gonna bitch about it the hole is an improvement on the course not a burden also if the holes are a little too long for you go play birch it might be short enough
JESUS TAUGHT ME HOW TO PUTT

2011 TAG 6

C.A.B.#31
ANT#4 2009
ANT#2 2010

If you aint first your last
xlforlife
Par Poster

Postby Jorge on Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:30 pm

If any of you have ever played with me, I probably have one of the shortest arms out there, but I love this course. I get tired of playing courses that you can birdie every hole especially when I play with all the long arms out there. When you are playing out there, you are playing the same course as everyone else. I usually get my tail handed to me by magic (when he's not bitching about hole 18) but it's by far the nicest course in st louis.

I PLAY IT BECAUSE I LOVE IT, NOT FOR MY SCORE.

Every other course that has different pin placements has the same problem. Anyone ever play hole 7 in the C position at Endicott? That's how the course is. If my little 200+ foot throws can deal with it, you can too.

I used to wonder why there are so many 20 sums at white birch. I guess I know now.

Jorge
The Ridge Runners
Jorge
Par Poster

Postby REDARMY on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:03 am

xlforlife wrote:ok well i play sioux more than anyone i live 5 minuets from there and francis is the captian of the course so its his desicion the long placements on 6,8 and 15 arent hard just because some people can 3 hole 6 and four 15 with no problems dont mean they beat you there really so theres 3 "stupid holes" ok the other 15 kick ass so suck it up yea i throw far and havent got a three on 6 but im not gonna bitch about it the hole is an improvement on the course not a burden also if the holes are a little too long for you go play birch it might be short enough

Periods.

They can do wonders.

Try them some time.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:18 pm

OK, back to your regularly scheduled topic...
Sioux Passage Winter League picks back up this weekend on Saturday, 1.24.09 at 10:00 am. If anyone wants to go from south county but doesn't want to drive, I just moved back to soco so I can give you southerners a ride.
Winter League Ace Pool stands at $79 so come out and don't hold back!
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:23 pm

Played at Sioux earlier today, & unfortunately, the tee post at hole # 4 had been broken in about three different places. Whether it was vandalism(probably) or what have you, it is a shame to see that. We tried to piece it back together, but it's not in too good of shape. :(
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:32 pm

jeffthrow6892 wrote:Played at Sioux earlier today, & unfortunately, the tee post at hole # 4 had been broken in about three different places. Whether it was vandalism(probably) or what have you, it is a shame to see that. We tried to piece it back together, but it's not in too good of shape. :(

Jeff,
Talked to Francis 2 minutes ago! He is on it. Actually 3 now.

Peace

Ron
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby scorekeeper on Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:11 pm

I went out to check on the #4 tee post,have no time for digging or cementing today. Did a solid repair on the post, hope you like it. POWER to the 3 1/2 " deck screw . :ugeek: PEACE
MKPH #1 KREWE in STL. R .C. F. 2010 TAG # 411
Illinois Chain Gang # 4
Jeff. city #24
FUN METER #1
scorekeeper
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:33 pm

scorekeeper wrote:I went out to check on the #4 tee post,have no time for digging or cementing today. Did a solid repair on the post, hope you like it. POWER to the 3 1/2 " deck screw . :ugeek: PEACE

Cool, glad something could be done to it!! :)
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Sioux Passage Park