Message Board Rules

ask questions, get answers, & find info about the RCF website/forums

Message Board Rules

Postby forehand on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:04 pm

THEY SUCK!!! What happen to freedom of speech? Is this becoming a dictatorship? If I wanted to call Lazerface a *Jerk* I think I should be allowed to do so...? :D

*Post edited 03/10/10 by Board Moderator*
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Re: Message Board Rules

Postby HITMAN on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:55 pm

Can someone please edit forehands post? I am slightly offended by the use of the J word
HITMAN
Par Poster

Postby forehand on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:17 pm

HITMAN wrote:Can someone please edit forehands post? I am slightly offended by the use of the J word

Thats funny cause i didnt use the "J" word!!! The word I used started with a F, ended with a G and had an A in the middle!!! :cry:
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby gottagothrow on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:42 pm

Actually the "G" and "A" you mentioned were both lower case. :D
Remember, there is no disc.
http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/
Tag # 1 (in my imaginary world)
PDGA # 26478 rating 935
38.517136°N, 090.280311°W
gottagothrow
Birdie Poster

Postby rondisc on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:36 pm

To funny :D
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby forehand on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:21 pm

gottagothrow wrote:Actually the "G" and "A" you mentioned were both lower case. :D

Very true
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby mkane on Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:52 am

Yeah I was a bit offended by the censuring, but Dan is onto something, and Dan I apologize for the e-mail I sent you in haste, it was short sighted and unfair to you. We are growing up as an organization. With that comes the responsibility to provide a web site that a sponsor would want to support. Friendly banter is still encouraged, even stern challenges to call out players for sandbagging and or other issues. It is simply the choice of words will need to change. This is good for the following reasons:
We plan to grow this club by 3 times and the sponsors that we have will increase their exposure to the public. Now ask yourself two key questions:
1. When a sponsor can reach that many people on a quality forum, will they want to pursue that relationship and increase their presence?
2. When we have enough sponsorship won't the payouts be much more lucrative?

Civilized banter, hilarious banter, straight out beat downs they are all still permitted.
Golfer X's animated Gifs, my insightful yet over worded posts, Roger and Ronnie's nearly unreadable posts, Working Stiffs classic history lessons, and informative reviews, Red Vodkas honest responses. All of these things and the many more existing characters on line, keep posting, walk the line, show the sponsors that disc golfers not only play disc golf, but they can still be entertaining, informative, kid and sponsor friendly on the edge.
What do you say by the way BJ(Brian Johnson) you with me for that big pay day, that is if you can play to stay at the top of the haystack!
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:18 pm

Mark,
What an overtly political response to censorship. I'm not disagreeing with you're point of view completely, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Differences of opinion will happen and everyone will express themselves differently. I took a lot of heat from the board, 1 member in particular, about censoring posts. But, sometimes it has to be done, there are rules: http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/forum/faq.php#f28
That being said, even sponsors will understand that sports involve competition, which a lot of times includes talking trash. I can tell you, from experience, that you have to be very careful about what you edit and make sure an FAQs is added to explain, "any post can be deemed "unhealthy" for the website environment and is subject to being edited or deleted by website moderators."
No one likes to be censored, but it is much easier to get away with editing someone's post when it is something that is "against the rules" instead of something elected officials don't like.
I'm just sayin'
Jeff
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby f-b-i- on Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:11 pm

my post are readable.
f-b-i-
Bogey Poster

Postby mkane on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:37 pm

Roger, Jeff, I look forward to your posts, because they are real and straight forward and yes they are readable. What I am saying is that just because they have rules doesn't mean we cannot still operate the same. Trash must still be given, laughs must still be had, beat downs must still occur, because thats entertainment, sure I write to inform(somewhat), but I read for the pure thoughts that are conveyed on this forum. You can say about anything, just be that much more careful on how you say it, creativeness and savvy and don't worry about the spelling we get the drift ;)
mkane
Ace Poster

Next

Return to Website/Message Board Info and Q & A