RCF Message Board use and info

ask questions, get answers, & find info about the RCF website/forums

RCF Message Board use and info

Postby gottagothrow on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:32 am

To all who use the RCF Message Board,

1st and foremost, I want to thank EVERYONE who reads this message board. And of course, a special thank you to all who participate in the DISCussions too.

I realize that most of you may not know this, but I (gottagothrow, aka Dan D., RCF Club board member) am the message board moderator and "somewhat" THE website guy. It is I that monitor, edit, and otherwise, oversee everything on the message board and RCF website.

I have a few things I would like to share.

1) If you have anything you would like to suggest in regards to the message board and/or website, please feel free to send me a PM here, or email RCFDiscGolf at Gmail dot com.
This may include anything from re-arranging the forums/topics/threads to reporting an error "somewhere" that needs correcting. It also includes message board posts that may (or may not) be inappropriate.

2) For the most part, we all get along GREAT here. I want to keep it that way. This message board is free to use and is a privilege to do so. So any action against the rules and regulations will be handled accordingly. Either through a written warning, a suspension or even deletion of your account.

3) Since the new "Board of Directors" have been elected, we haven't formally discussed anything in regards to the message boards rules and regulations. Thankfully, there hasn't been many instances of action in regards to inappropriate posts or anything similar, but we feel that something needs to be put into place that is official and consistent from here on out.

4) RCF message board Rules and regulations will be discussed at the RCF Board meeting on Monday (I hope) and will be posted once approved.

5) Here is a reminder of the existing terms and conditions that you agreed to when you signed up for access to begin with:

By accessing “St. Louis Disc Golf Club” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “St. Louis Disc Golf Club”, “http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/forum”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “St. Louis Disc Golf Club”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “St. Louis Disc Golf Club” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “St. Louis Disc Golf Club” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “St. Louis Disc Golf Club” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “St. Louis Disc Golf Club” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

6) I know that there will be additional rules and guidelines that we will implement soon. So please stay tuned and continue to use the message board in the best way possible. When you behave, I don't have to do (much) anything. I like that.

Again, if you have any questions, issues, concerns, ideas or suggestions, PLEASE don't hesitate to bring them to me or the RCF Board. Our "door is open" as they say.

Remember, be excellent to each other and party on dudes.

Dan
aka DD
aka gottagothrow
Remember, there is no disc.
http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/
Tag # 1 (in my imaginary world)
PDGA # 26478 rating 935
38.517136°N, 090.280311°W
gottagothrow
Birdie Poster

Re: RCF Message Board use and info

Postby Lazerface on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:11 pm

First of all, Dan Doke is an honorable man. Dan, I do have one suggestion for our website. I followed a link from the pdga tournament info page to a club's website to get some more details on an out of town tournament. I think they had a great way of organizing the locations and directions of their local courses. I would imagine that the RCF could do it the same way, because I've seen the same setup on several disc golf and non-disc golf sites.

The website had a google map overview of the city and surrounding areas the club operated in. It was one big map with several disc golf basket links scattered across the area. Web users can roll their mouse over a basket to see which course it is, and by clicking on the basket link you get a detailed set of mapquest directions to each course. It was a user-friendly setup and allows out of towners to get a better understanding of how the courses are dispersed in our area, and what courses are in close proximity to each other.

This is just a suggestion, and if I am underestimating the difficulty of setting something up like this you can blame it on my technological ignorance.

Thanks for inquiring on the opinions and suggestions of the RCF members. Cause when you want an opinion, Lazerface delivers.

Thanks,

Jim
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:19 pm

sounds like what DGCR has. why not approach them and collaborate with exchanging traffic and such?
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby Golfer X on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:11 pm

gottagothrow wrote:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated ...

What what what?

Dude, that's my entire golf game.

http://www.bannination.com:8080/
Golfer X
Par Poster

Postby gottagothrow on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Golfer X wrote:
What what what?

Dude, that's my entire golf game.

No worries, as these rules only have to do with the RCF Message Board.
DD
PDGA # 26478 rating 935
gottagothrow
Birdie Poster

Postby gottagothrow on Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Lazerface wrote:First of all, Dan Doke is an honorable man.

Thanks Lazerface/Jim

Thanks for the suggestions. The site is a work in progress. The course page is actively in the works.

Be patient, as it will take time. We are volunteers. As you know.

DD
PDGA # 26478 rating 935
gottagothrow
Birdie Poster

Postby gottagothrow on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:05 pm

I have added a subtle new feature to users posts.

We now have a "ranking" system that is based on the number of users posts.
The levels are based on the basic divisions of disc golfers.
Recreation, Intermediate, Advanced, and Pro.

The rank is listed under the users avatar on the right side of their posts.

I thought this may be a fun little feature.
I hope it doesn't increase users post counts just for the sake of upping their level.

Enjoy.

DD
PDGA # 26478 rating 935
gottagothrow
Birdie Poster

Return to Website/Message Board Info and Q & A