What's the deal with Lindenwood????

St. Charles, MO

Re: What's the deal with Lindenwood????

Postby iftheywereallpar4 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:23 pm

REDARMY wrote:
iftheywereallpar4 wrote:Played this over the weekend. It was pretty fun. Was a complete mudpit. Seems like it could use a touch more grooming on front 9. Made up a fun safari hole shooting at basket 6 from a long narrow corridor to make up for hole 3. Back 9 was fun creve couresque


sioux would be a much better analogy. more trees, more hills, and closer distance-wise relative to creve coeur.

That's true. Guess I was thinking more on the lines of just lot of open space to throw into. I def liked that back 9 for what it was. Front 9 needs a little work but has very good potential
iftheywereallpar4
Bogey Poster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: What's the deal with Lindenwood????

Postby fairweather_fan on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:44 am

is this course now closed to anyone who is not a student or alum? if so, is this a permanent change or temporary, and what is the cause of the change, if anyone has that info?

thanks.
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
User avatar
fairweather_fan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:30 am

Re: What's the deal with Lindenwood????

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:40 pm

fairweather_fan wrote:is this course now closed to anyone who is not a student or alum? if so, is this a permanent change or temporary, and what is the cause of the change, if anyone has that info?

thanks.



I've heard this rumor as well, that they are chasing players off the course now. This is MOST disappointing......... :(
User avatar
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:15 pm
Location: Hazelwood, MO

Re: What's the deal with Lindenwood????

Postby REDARMY on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:29 am

fairweather_fan wrote:is this course now closed to anyone who is not a student or alum? if so, is this a permanent change or temporary, and what is the cause of the change, if anyone has that info?

thanks.


Yes.

I spoke with T.C. a few days ago about all this. It is, for now, just a temporary setup. His explanation was that it was the university president's decision to close it off (my theory is, the ground is getting too beat up, especially around 2/3/4, and assholes are leaving too much litter on the ground.)

Supposedly the school will have student-only leagues in the spring, during or after which the situation will be re-evaluated.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
User avatar
REDARMY
Ace Poster
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:21 am
Location: Florissant

Re: What's the deal with Lindenwood????

Postby fairweather_fan on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:33 am

thanks for the answers. hopefully someone can keep us posted on this course's playability for 'civilians' through the message board going forward.
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
User avatar
fairweather_fan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:30 am

Re: What's the deal with Lindenwood????

Postby emptv on Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:09 am

Disc up,
I hope that they will at least let alumni play. :idea: My wife got her masters from Lindenwood and being family, I would have the same privileges as her. If that were the case, then I wonder if I could bring a group along with me to play (LAKER League) :?: I can find out about that option when the course is a little more settled and reopened for student play. Hopefully we can still play this fine course by using legal loopholes like this one.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
User avatar
emptv
Ace Poster
 
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:16 pm
Location: Beautiful Lake Saint Louis, MO

Re: What's the deal with Lindenwood????

Postby REDARMY on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:48 pm

emptv wrote:Disc up,
I hope that they will at least let alumni play. :idea: My wife got her masters from Lindenwood and being family, I would have the same privileges as her. If that were the case, then I wonder if I could bring a group along with me to play (LAKER League) :?: I can find out about that option when the course is a little more settled and reopened for student play. Hopefully we can still play this fine course by using legal loopholes like this one.

8-)


Bruce, T.C. told me just about that exact thing when we talked. Civvies can play, as long as they are going around with a student as their guest. Alums can also PLAY, but wether or not THEY can bring guests (and/or a group as large as the Lakers), i don't know.

T.C. is a member on the forums here, so perhaps he'll chime in with clearer answers...
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
User avatar
REDARMY
Ace Poster
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:21 am
Location: Florissant

Re: What's the deal with Lindenwood????

Postby pshawver on Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:34 am

Hi everyone. :D
Its my first post here for the RCF and im interested in possibly joinging the organization. im fairly new to disc golf but hoping to play a lot more and get better as it gets warmer.

Anyways im posting here cause i am a student at lindenwood and would be able to bring a few people out to the course with me. this would be a great way for you guys to play the course and for me to meet some of you and see about joining the Flyers!
pshawver
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:19 am

Re: What's the deal with Lindenwood????

Postby REDARMY on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:10 pm

pshawver wrote:Hi everyone. :D
Its my first post here for the RCF and im interested in possibly joinging the organization. im fairly new to disc golf but hoping to play a lot more and get better as it gets warmer.

Anyways im posting here cause i am a student at lindenwood and would be able to bring a few people out to the course with me. this would be a great way for you guys to play the course and for me to meet some of you and see about joining the Flyers!


well there's your answer bruce!

welcome to the club!
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
User avatar
REDARMY
Ace Poster
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:21 am
Location: Florissant

Re: What's the deal with Lindenwood????

Postby STARFIRE on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:45 am

Any updates?

I'm itching to play this course now that the weather's a bit nicer and the grounds probably settled.

I hope they open it to the public soon!
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
User avatar
STARFIRE
Ace Poster
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:01 am

PreviousNext

Return to Lindenwood University DGC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron