Sponsor Logos

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

Sponsor Logos

Postby irwinje on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:16 am

How come Schlafly has a logo on the home page when they are a Silver level sponsor? Johnny Mac's doesn't have one. And, though they are listed as a Silver sponsor, have actually donated enough to be considered a Platinum sponsor! (if that level existed)
The t-shits alone are worth nearly the $3K commitment of a Gold level sponsor, not to mention all the discounts they give/have given on the plaques, bag tags, etc. No that my opinion matters now, or that anyone listened to me when I volunteered, but the club would not be happy to loose a sponsor like them, even if they don't sell crappy GDS discs!
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Re: Sponsor Logos

Postby emptv on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:04 pm

Disc up,
I bet now that you have brought this to the light, this will/should be corrected. Good job on the catch.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $167/$117
Sweeps= $10/$17
Fun= $443
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:02 am

Yeah, good job Jeff.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby gottagothrow on Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:52 am

irwinje wrote:How come Schlafly has a logo on the home page when they are a Silver level sponsor? Johnny Mac's doesn't have one. And, though they are listed as a Silver sponsor, have actually donated enough to be considered a Platinum sponsor! (if that level existed)
The t-shits alone are worth nearly the $3K commitment of a Gold level sponsor, not to mention all the discounts they give/have given on the plaques, bag tags, etc. No that my opinion matters now, or that anyone listened to me when I volunteered, but the club would not be happy to loose a sponsor like them, even if they don't sell crappy GDS discs!

In regards to the RCF site, sponsor logos have not been added OR removed since Oct. 2009.

I am not aware of the different sponsor levels and who and what should be posted on the webpage.
All the club documents that had that info were not given to the new RCF Board by the previous president.
(at least not that I am aware of).

Also, I am curious as to how you know our arrangements with these sponsors for this year?

I am also curious as to why you have not contacted the board directly in regards to this instead of questioning the current arrangement on this forum? Our contact info is readily available.

Bashing one of our biggest sponsors while promoting others probably isn't a good idea.

I (we, the RCF board) appreciate the heads-up on the issue. This needs addressed and it will be discussed and hopefully resolved in our next meeting.

Thanks,
Dan
Remember, there is no disc.
http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/
Tag # 1 (in my imaginary world)
PDGA # 26478 rating 935
38.517136°N, 090.280311°W
gottagothrow
Birdie Poster

Postby irwinje on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:51 pm

When the logos were first loaded, Johnny Mac's was a Silver level sponsor. It was only after I continually went to them for bag tags, t-shirts and trophies that their actual level of sponsorship increased to surpass the Gold level. A new contract should have been put in place, but to my knowledge no one from the club has been in to talk to the actual (sponsorship) director.
*Scott manages the plaque/trophy area, not sponsorships!
Additionally, the remaining board members have the digital files for the sponsorship agreements because they were on the club laptop when I got it from Ray V. I chose this medium to ask my questions because I wanted something to be done about the problem, not hear a bunch of political BS over the phone. And, to be clear, I am neither "promoting Johnny Mac's nor bashing Captain Conflict" (of interest) until now. Because,I was told for 2 years that I'm not allowed to have my own opinion about GDS since I was a "public figure." But now, I'm just some guy with an idea and a keyboard that is entitled to their opinions.
Regards,
Last edited by irwinje on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby gottagothrow on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:26 pm

I agree, it is important to allow opinions from everyone. We want to hear from our members about important issues. This is obvious one of them.
DD
Remember, there is no disc.
http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/
Tag # 1 (in my imaginary world)
PDGA # 26478 rating 935
38.517136°N, 090.280311°W
gottagothrow
Birdie Poster

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion