St. Louis City-Carondelet

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

Re: St. Louis City-Carondelet

Postby emoney on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:13 pm

Activites are going on in all parks! Thanks for trying Matteo. Why no Forest Park course yet? plenty of middle area where there aren't biker and pedestrian traffic. Maybe find a course captain from another Large city and ask how they were able to get it into consideration. In the city means more people and that means more chances to hit people in the aldermans eyes i guess. We should just keep throwing it in every big meeting to put one in.
Live Life and Laugh At Me
2013 RCF TAG#83
emoney
Birdie Poster

Postby clane on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:55 pm

I have been looking at a map of Forest Park today trying to figure out where something like this could go that would be clear of most of the pedestrian uses, and still visible without over-running the park.
Tag #204
clane
Par Poster

Postby iftheywereallpar4 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:32 pm

Is tower grove a possibility. I know they have a lot that goes on there such as pridefest and renaissance fairs and such but it is a large park.
iftheywereallpar4
Bogey Poster

Postby TIS126 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:34 am

THERE IS A COUNTY PARK , CLYSDALE PARK ON GREEN PARK ROAD IN THE AFTON AREA THAT LOOKS LIK IT DOESNT HAVE ALOT GOING ON. I DIDNT GET A CHANCE TO WALK AROUND MUCH BUT IT LOOKS LIKE IT WOULD BE A GOOD POSSIBILITY. THERE ARE FIELD AND WOODED AREAS.
TIS126
Bogey Poster

Postby DISC N TWEEK on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:38 pm

I work near clysdale park a occasionally toss a few discs at lunch. the park is rather small it is roughly 1800ft along tesson ferry and about 2000 ft along green park road it is rectangular. the central part of the park is no good do to soccer fields and ball fields then i think its the katie trail that runs along gravois creek on the north side and on the east side of the park you might be able to squeeze in nine holes tighter then watson trail.
TIS126 wrote:THERE IS A COUNTY PARK , CLYSDALE PARK ON GREEN PARK ROAD IN THE AFTON AREA THAT LOOKS LIK IT DOESNT HAVE ALOT GOING ON. I DIDNT GET A CHANCE TO WALK AROUND MUCH BUT IT LOOKS LIKE IT WOULD BE A GOOD POSSIBILITY. THERE ARE FIELD AND WOODED AREAS.
DISC N TWEEK
Par Poster

Postby Matteo on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:09 pm

Thanks again to all. Carondelet may be dead for now, but keep your ears open I will be running a temp set up there this summer.

I am focusing my efforts to city parks only. The county is already on board with disc golf. I am working on meeting a nay sayer with the city. If that goes bad I'll publish who it is so we can bombard him with emails on disc golf.

Thanks again, and see you on the courses.
AM FOR LIFE! If I could only putt.......
Matt Augustin
PDGA 12619
Matteo
Bogey Poster

Postby eupher61 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:05 pm

Matt, check your IMs...
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby Matteo on Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:41 pm

It's on! Septetember 18th. I'll need some help setting up a temp course at Carondelet. I plan to set it up about 9 a.m. or so and run a $5 pro/am tag shuffle.

I have 1 metal and 2 dga umbrella baskets
Help a brotha out my memory sucks, I've talked to a few of you already but here's what I remember:
Mark D -5 baskets
Ron R- 3
So we need about 7 more.
Post here and I'll count on you bringing them.
Matt Augustin
PDGA 12619
Matteo
Bogey Poster

Postby rondisc on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:43 am

Matt,
I have 2.
RR
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby Matteo on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:59 am

Thanks Ron. Now the need count is up to a minimum of 8.

Here is a repost from the tournament forum:

Carondelet Park in south St. Louis City will have a temporary course set up some time around 9 a.m. on the 18th. The course will be open to ANYONE who wants to play until 12:00.

SLDGC 2010 Tag Shuffle PRO/AM Saturday September 18th 11:00 $5
We will be meeting at the lake with the big fountain and pavilion by Loughborough Ave.
11:00 SIGN UP
11:45 Registration CLOSES! No late sign up so no late fee applies
12:00 Shot gun start.
I'm still working out details on pay out, but there will be one, details to follow.
I will cap it at 90 players. BRING YOUR TAG! No tag no play, no exceptions.
All tags will be redistributed after the round.

I have not reserved a pavilion or asked to run anything at the park, however I ask everyone to be at their best. Some local park board members and other city officials could be stopping by to see disc golf in action.

Its been at least 10 years since we set this up, its going to be a great time and a great turnout.
Matt Augustin
PDGA 12619
Matteo
Bogey Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion