new st. louis disc golf website

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

new st. louis disc golf website

Postby fairweather_fan on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:32 am

i came across links to this site @ dgcoursereview.

http://stlouisdiscgolf.com/blog/

good looking site, but i am curious why only 4 of the area courses are listed under 'courses', and why johnny mac's (who i believe is a sponsor of the club and is almost certainly one of the better places to purchase plastic), isn't listed under 'retail locations'?

i get the feeling that the site is affiliated/run by gateway, but does anyone know anything more about this site?
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Re: new st. louis disc golf website

Postby Working Stiff on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:02 pm

No idea.

The site is obviously set up by a GDS fanboy, but it links to already existing sites and blogs. There is really no new GDS content on it so far as I could see. It links to things like the "Ask David Mac about new or existing Gateway Golf Discs" thread on the PDGA site that Dave hasn't posted to since July. So I find the evidence inconclusive. It might be GDS affiliated, it might have nothing to do with GDS.

Anybody can set up a site. I could set up a site that proclaims Watson Trails as the premier St. Louis course if I wanted to and set up a bunch of links to Innova and Discraft without Innova or Discraft even knowing I exist. So I'd hold off on any "affiliated/run by gateway" talk until we know more.
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:11 pm

the person adding the link to dgcoursereview.com has the username "GDSWebLackey", so i thought it was a pretty safe assumption.

i'm off to set up site that proclaims watson trails as the premier course in st. louis...who knew! :D
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby Working Stiff on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:12 pm

fairweather_fan wrote:the person adding the link to dgcoursereview.com has the username "GDSWebLackey", so i thought it was a pretty safe assumption.

i'm off to set up site that proclaims watson trails as the premier course in st. louis...who knew! :D
Well, if we take the conspiracy further...if it is a GDS site, the omission of Johnny Mac's makes sense. I haven't been to all of them, but I don't remember seeing Gateway discs at the ones I have been to. Why would a site that is a front for Gateway give you directions to someplace that does not sell Gateway discs?

But that's the conspiracy fan in me. I think the grassy knoll would make a Hell of a of place for a disc golf hole! Dealey Plaza could have a nice 9 holer if they ripped out all those annoying streets and buildings. But seriously, what purpose would having a Gateway site that's not clearly Gateway's serve? It makes no sense to me.

And the "Sunset Hills Rules" site was my idea, so back off! :P
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:06 am

ooh, this is getting exciting- who knew there was a conspiracy here? i thought it was just a nice looking website that seemed to be omitting some useful/important info...not a front for the new whirled order!

as for MY watson website, you'll just have to keep checking nineholesofpleasure.com for updates- it cost me a pretty penny to get the domain name from an, um, adult content provider, so i better be able to turn a profit on this. :D
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby BigBadBob on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Perhaps the first post might be a clue...

Construction

For those of you who know of this site, it will be undergoing an overhaul as we add real content. This site is not really open yet, but I can’t stop you from coming by and looking at my wreck in progress….:)

Also, as the person who wrote that, yes the site is GDS affiliated. There aren't any more courses with links yet because their descriptions have not been written. There is no conspiracy....the site is a work in progress. As anyone who has seen my bag can attest, I am not a Gateway Fanboy. The site will work as a companion to the GDS sites that exist and the club site.

The site links to the club, along with the St. Charles club and the Southern Illinois club. There are a few links to current and future projects.

As of now, the retail locations contain GDS retailers only. I am trying to convince Dave to add the others like Johnnie Macs....but still, this is a work in progress.....

The DG Course review site only has links to currently "mostly finished" pages of courses (JB, Sioux, CCL, and Endicott).

If anyone has questions about stlousdiscgolf.com feel free to send them my way.
-BigBadBob
BigBadBob
Bogey Poster

Postby jameswilkson29 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:03 pm

try stldiscgolf.mobi and it is not owned by gateway disc golf :o :o
jameswilkson29
Bogey Poster

Postby irwinje on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:36 pm

www.stlouisdiscgolf.com is owned by Dave McCormack of Gateway Disc Sports. When I/the RCF redesigned the new website and tried to use that url he said we would have to pay him for is since he uses it to connect people to his website/blog.
This is also the reason that Johnny Mac's is not listed as a sponsor on that website, Johnny Mac's used to carry GDS products until they were having numerous (integrity) issues that eventually led up to J-Macs ending the relationship with Dave and GDS.
I'm not going to start a conspiracy theory, but I will shine the light on a situation tha thas been swept under the carpet for years. The relationship between Dave and J-Macs is a cookie cutter description of just about every bridge that Dave has burned in the Mid-West (and there are more than we can count). He works with people until he pi$$es them off to a point of saying, "I don't care if people come in here looking for a Wizard, I'm not dealing with him!"
I don't know anything about this mobi site, other than it has one thing in common with stldisgolf.com, it is in no way affiliated with the RCF...
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Return to General DG Talk