2009 Quail Ridge Blind Turkey Toss, Nov. 21st

Wentzville, MO

2009 Quail Ridge Blind Turkey Toss, Nov. 21st

Postby magic on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:44 pm

Quail Ridge Blind Turkey Toss

Here is a link to the flyer:
http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/qr_turkeytoss_2009flyer.pdf

Saturday, November 21st
One Round of Singles

$10 per player
Glow sticks for discs will be available - 3 for $1

Trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
Shot in the dark for a free Thanksgiving turkey

Over 100 of the 22" glow sticks will be used to light the baskets

Field will be limited to 72 players
Pre-registration is recommended

Registration will be at Shelter #2 starting at 4:30
You must be registered by 5:15
Tee off at 5:30

For additional information contact:
Andy Majesky
314-413-4773 or andy@bdcinc.net

One final note on this event. I will be doing flights for this if there are enough participants. Not real sure yet on how I would handle the payout if I do this since there are trophies for the top 3. I really won't know either until I see how many players are there. As with all events I run though I will be paying out deep and try to spread out prizes/payout as much as possible. It's about having FUN!
magic
Ace Poster

Re: 2009 Quail Ridge Blind Turkey Toss

Postby HITMAN on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:00 pm

prize outs start and second place :o :oops:
HITMAN
Par Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:20 pm

You guys just HAD to make this the same day as Hazelwood's Two Man Turkey Toss, didn't you??? :roll:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:29 pm

Jeff,
If it is true, why do you not be BWs communicator as the distibutor of info. BW has enough on his plate. I know you see him enough and communicate. PS I still like your rebuttles(sp) Just know, you can help in the most geek ways also :ugeek:

Peace,
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:31 pm

jeffthrow,
I am pretty sure Majic had no idea. If he did, he had reasoning.

Peace,
Ron
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:31 am

rondisc wrote:jeffthrow,
I am pretty sure Majic had no idea. If he did, he had reasoning.

Peace,
Ron

Look, I was just throwing it out there that there happens to be another tournament that same day, no real big deal. I'm sure Andy probably didn't know. As we get more courses & more events, scheduling conflicts are BOUND to happen!! It just is a shame when it does happen for anyone who might have been interested in both, that's all......

And, I have tried to help B.W. at times with posting White Birch info on the message board when I know enough about it. I guess we need to get the Two-Man Turkey Toss posted on here, as soon as I know more, I'll do so.
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:32 am

I should have expected a smart ass comment from Hitman! I'll let that one slide since I do still feel bad about what happened.

As far as this event being scheduled on the same day as the event at Hazelwood, I had no idea there was an event at White Birch that day. Honestly though, the QR Turkey Toss would have been on this date no matter what. This is something that the parks dept has run on the Saturday before Thanksgiving since the course first opened, so this is probably the 8th or 9th year in a row it has been scheduled for this time in November. This just happens to be the first year I am running it for them. There have been complaints about this event in the past that only the top 3 were paid out. I was one of those complaining. The trophies and free turkey are a bit of a tradition, so we will be keeping those. If the # of participants is decent though expect a much better payout.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby Jorge on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:14 pm

All I care about is the ridiculous mando on hole 12 will not be played. Just watch out for those hidden trees on your ace run. Any chance 1 or 2 whites could be thrown in? Maybe hole 2, 5, 6, 11, 13? Could be fun and won't take anymore time. Could be on the turkey hole. (Like I don't already know the answer - NO)
Jorge
Par Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:44 pm

magic wrote:As far as this event being scheduled on the same day as the event at Hazelwood, I had no idea there was an event at White Birch that day. Honestly though, the QR Turkey Toss would have been on this date no matter what. This is something that the parks dept has run on the Saturday before Thanksgiving since the course first opened, so this is probably the 8th or 9th year in a row it has been scheduled for this time in November.
Just an observation. The Hazelwood 2-man Turkey Toss was already an annual event when I started working there, so it's been been held on the same weekend for over 15 years. Parks and recreation departments are notorious for stealing program ideas from each other, so it's really not uncommon to find two parks departments running very similar event on the same day. So far as St. Charles County is concerned they are running programs for St. Charles County residents, so it would have been no big deal to a park guy to overlap a date with Hazelwood. Why would he care?

So the dates overlap not because RCF members got their wires crossed. A park guy in St. Charles scheduled an event and didn't check with a park guy in Hazelwood first. I'm pretty sure they don't check with Hazelwood before they schedule their Easter Egg hunt, either. It's just not something you should expect the parks departments to do. They are looking at the small picture of providing events for their community, not the big picture of everything going on in the entire St. Louis area.

Here is my point...these events have been overlapping for a while now and they are both still happening. People are showing up to play at both. That's a good sign. It shows we have enough players to sustain multiple events. Both of these courses really have the kind of local following that they don't need players from other parts of town driving in to sustain events. They both have enough homeboys to keep it happening. That's a very good thing to have. I find the fact that St. Charles and Hazelwood have both been holding successful events on the same weekend for eight or nine years to be a very good thing in the great grand scheme of things.

Just a different perspective. ;)
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Re: 2009 Quail Ridge Blind Turkey Toss, Nov. 21st

Postby Chucktown on Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:58 pm

Hey Andy, can you register Paul White, Charlie Schroer, and Matt Hecht. Thanks
Chucktown
Par Poster

Next

Return to Quail Ridge Park