Postby magic on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:10 am

Friday, October 23rd

$5 per player
Glow sticks for discs will be available - 3 for $1

Registration will be at Shelter # 2 starting at 5:30
You must be registered by 6:15
Tee off at 6:30

Over 100 of the 22" glow sticks will be used to light all but one basket

There will be a CTP on every hole that has a card starting on it.

Field will be limited to 72 players
Pre-registration is recommended

Below is a link to the flyer:
http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/2009-halloween-glow-flyer-pdf.pdf

For additional information contact:
Andy Majesky
314-413-4773
andy@bdcinc.net
magic
Ace Poster

Re: Quail Ridge 3rd Annual Halloween Glow

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:54 pm

Is it one round or two?
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:16 pm

This is just one round. We have to be out of the park by 10:00. There is also only one division. I do pay out pretty deep. That does all depend on the turnout though. I do light the baskets up pretty good and that doesn't come cheap. I have to cover my up front costs, but after that it is 100% payout. I do have quite a few discs and other merchandise that I will be giving out for CTP's at no cost. This tournament is all about having FUN therefore the low entry fee.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:31 pm

Thanks Andy, I figured it was probably just one round. I will have to try & make that, I've never played a QR glow tour. before. I'm sure it's a great time! 8-)
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Chucktown on Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:01 pm

Hey Andy, Paul White and Charlie Schroer will be playing.
Chucktown
Par Poster

Postby Jorge on Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:16 pm

I live for the Halloween Glow at Quail. Won a pretty cool tye dye pumpkin driver before. Best tourny of the year. I'll be there.
Jorge
Par Poster

Postby magic on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:30 am

Charlie, I have you and Paul down.

The only reason Jorge likes this tournament is because the mando is not played on 12, so he doesn't have to take his usual penalty for missing! To keep with the Halloween theme, I will be giving out a nice ORANGE Star Max driver on the blind shot. It's not really blind though since there is a jack-o-lantern sitting on the top of the basket.

We are up to about 25 who have pre-registered. If you plan on playing please let me know by posting here or contacting me.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:34 am

For those of you who haven't played Quail Ridge in a while the normal exit from Hwy 40 to the park (Callahan Rd) is now shut down. The new overpass at Prospect Rd is now open. To get to the park you exit Hwy 40 at Prospect, go south on Prospect and then make a right at the stop sign. I believe that is Duello Road. Follow that to the park.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:49 am

For anyone who happens to see this before tonight, we are close to 60 players who have pre-registered for this event. I'm sure there are a few that may not show due to the colder weather, but there is a very good chance for a full field. If you do plan on coming out and have not contacted me please do so. I would hate to turn someone away after driving out there. Thanks.

Also for anyone driving Hwy 70 the police are having a crackdown on the entire stretch in the state of Missouri. Below is the article from the post. Please be careful.

--------------------------------------------------

ST. LOUIS -- Police officers will be cracking down on motorists along Interstate 70 on Friday.

The St. Louis County Police Department are joining law enforcement agencies across Missouri will be targeting motorists who are not using their seatbelts, are speeding or impaired, a spokesman for the department said in a press release issued today.

"We will be out in full force to remind drivers to slow down, buckle up and (to) never drive impaired," County Police Chief Tim Fitch said in a statement. "The St. Louis County Police Department fully supports the state's efforts to reduce accidents and save lives."

The initiative -- called the Heat is On campaign -- will span the entire Interstate 70 corridor across Missouri.
magic
Ace Poster

Return to Quail Ridge Park