Best places to buy discs

Talk about discs and other DG equipment

Re: Best places to buy discs

Postby mkane on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:30 am

Two more sources who have discs available:

Slik - innova stock the club can't keep in stock - incredible selection of excellent weights Wraiths, Destroyers, Roadrunners, Sidewinders, in Star and Champion.

Westplexor - What ever you need you let Rick know and he will get it for you at a good price.

I am sure Slik will be out at Souix on Sunday -

Westplexor is out of Quail and can be reached by that name on this site by members.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby raymandisc on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:33 pm

The correct answer is Johnny Macs. They are our sponsor and they have a HUGE selection of plastic. If they don't have, you probably don't need it.
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Postby REDARMY on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:39 pm

raymandisc wrote:The correct answer is Johnny Macs. They are our sponsor and they have a HUGE selection of plastic. If they don't have, you probably don't need it.

you've never been to the one in north county then.

the selection blows. i'm not going to drive to manchester either when i can get exactly what i want online cheaper. sorry.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby Chucktown on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:41 pm

Besides Johnny Mac's in The St. Louis area, the Play it Again sports gets a pretty decent selection in at the beginning of summer, it is all Innova's and a few Gateways, but they carry alot of the Innovas that Johnny Mac's does not carry. Also, the Play it Again Sports in Columbia, MO has a massive selection of Innova and Discraft. They also has a large used selection, they are mostly pretty old and beat, but if you are looking for something you aren't sure you are going to like, it is worth the usual $5-$7 price. They also have an end of the rack that has specials on discs.
Chucktown
Par Poster

Postby dehaas on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:57 pm

thread back from the dead...

for the east siders the play it again in fairview now carries latitude 64, westside, mvp, and legacy.

they've always carried gateway, innova, discmania, and discraft.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby eupher61 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:03 am

Actually, the best place would be from the St Louis Disc Golf Club. Members get a break on pricing and the selection is good, admittedly not what you'd find online but bigger than any local store. Contact Bradley Stone to get access.
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:46 pm

I totally second that Steve, the club store inventory is awesome. The prices can't be beat and the inventory is fresh.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:54 pm

In a disturbing contrast to previous visits (and posts in this topic), Johnny Mac's on Watson seems to be phasing out disc golf, or at least severely minimizing their merchandise.
From what I can tell, they haven't got a single new disc in stock in the last 3 months. They also only have 2 bags left in stock, no portable baskets and even the size of the section has been reduced. Essentially, most everything that was worth buying has been bought and what's left is the same stuff that's been sitting on the shelf there for a long time. To make it worse, there is no organization left at all. The discs are just wherever someone last put them down.

Anyone know who the right person at Johnny Mac's is to contact to find out what the deal is and ask for more merchandise?
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:13 am

Well that is a shame.......I used to think that the Johnny Mac's on Watson had the best selection of any Johnny Mac's locations I had been to. It has been awhile since I've been there, though.........
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby MedicineMan on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:16 am

Stubborn Puppet wrote:Anyone know who the right person at Johnny Mac's is to contact to find out what the deal is and ask for more merchandise?

Might wanna call and ask for Johnny Mac himself. Just a thought.
KCFDC #1256
PDGA #47034

May the Force be with You!
MedicineMan
Bogey Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Disc Talk & Equipment Chat