Effective Immediately

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

Effective Immediately

Postby irwinje on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:38 pm

I can no longer volunteer for the St. Louis Disc Golf Club. I have taken on a lot of additional work (at work) and do not have the extra time needed to fulfill the obligations of my position. I had hoped that this could wait until the club championships, but with work so busy, I have to do what is right and fair for the club and step down now. This has come at an opportune time with Chris having so much additional free time to contribute to the club, and I look forward to playing events he runs. I have had a lot of fun working with the club and can't wait to get out and play casual rounds more often.
Thanks to all that have helped or shown appreciation, see you on the course.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Re: Effective Immediately

Postby REDARMY on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:42 pm

sucks to hear that, but all the best Jeff.

Mike
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Effective Immediately

Postby emptv on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:39 am

Disc up Jeff,
The LAKERS and myself thank you for all of your time and efforts. You have done a thankless job and seemed to have left things better than when you arrived. See you on the courses and remember, it is fun to play. :D

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:56 pm

Jeff,
Thank you for all your hard work, taking the reigns and steering this club into the new and exciting direction that it has turned. The artwork for the tags, the plaques, and the new fresh ideas that you brought to the club far exceeded anyone's expectations. Your talents and ideas put a new face on the club, one that believes we can be a premier club that can hold premier events. We have you to thank for this, and we will not forget. I don't want you to forget either, we (Our Club) needs people like you and I wish you would reconsider and run for a different position, perhaps against someone that is running unopposed, and will not require the massive amounts of time you had invested previously. At a minimum please join the steering committee mailing list, as we need good people who know the ins and outs and ups and downs of this club.
Life will deal you adversity Jeff, you have faced it head on, and you have been successful so far, don't stop now, just take a break. Can't wait to see at the tourney's and casual rounds.....Stay involved Jeff.

Mark Kane
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:47 pm

I appreciate the kind words and look forward to getting more chances to play. To be honest, there is more at play then my work situation. For starters, I'm in the process of buying a new home and I'll be closing shortly after the Club Champs. After that, I obviously have to move quickly before the holidays are here. I'd like to think that things will calm down a bit next spring so I could help with the Open, but I'm getting married at the end of April, I'll be on my honeymoon during the Open and my reception is the week after the Open.
As you can see, I just have too much going on in my "real" life to be involved at any level at this time. I wish the new regime the best of luck and have made it clear (to the important ones) that I will do everything I can to help them along, and pass what knowledge I've gained through my experience on to them. I'm sure some will take my stepping down the wrong way, but I simply don't have the time required to do the job I took on correctly. I do, however, take some joy in knowing I'll never have to work with some of the "less agreeable" personalities that are also involved. Thanks again for the kind words.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby discdork on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:58 pm

thank for a job well done sir
johnnys in the basement mixin up the medicine im on the pavement thinkin about the goverment
discdork
Birdie Poster

Postby slippy on Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:45 pm

Jeff thanks for all you have done and your willing to help me out with the Washington deal but alot went weird in my life just as well but it is all almost over (close on house sept 28). I hope we can get something going here in Franklin county with the new board. See ya on the courses.
Justin Douglas
slippy
Par Poster

Postby jmckee1147 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:48 am

Thanks for a job well done Jeff! I appreciate the knowledge you have shared and hope to return the favor some day. Good luck with the life adventures.

J McKee
Make common sense common again
jmckee1147
Par Poster

Postby Golfer X on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:26 pm

Hope all works out well Jeff but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed that your resigning wasn't over some matter of unspeakable prurience. Still, I wish you and yours all the best. And now for an animated gif:

Golfer X
Par Poster

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion