An idea i had.....

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

An idea i had.....

Postby REDARMY on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:19 pm

after having my disc stolen from white birch on tuesday, i think i came up with a good way to help everyone here get lost plastic back:

uv paint.

my idea: get a rubber stamp, coat it with uv reactive paint, then paste the disc with it.

i guess it'd have to be individualized because if we put RCF stamps on our discs, someone could easily say "well i'm an RCF member too!!!"

anyone can sand off or cover identifying sharpie marks, thus creating some ambiguity as to who actually owns the disc, but this uv paint dries clear and only shows up under a blacklight. no one can remove it if they don't know it's there.

your name/number/some identifying mark would be irrefutable evidence.

of course, that means everyone would have to have a little key chain light with them, but recovering just two high-end discs would pay for the stuff.

*EDIT* i found an even better idea: a uv marker. $12 total for the light and the marker here http://www.defensedevices.com/uvspylandpen.html (haven't figured out shipping yet) pays for one recovered champ or star disc.

i plan to do this in the very near future and would suggest you all do so as well.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Re: An idea i had.....

Postby gottagothrow on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:25 pm

Curious as to how you are going to get a look at the suspecting individual's discs with this uv light?

"Excuse me sir, let me look at all your discs with this special light cause I think they are stolen."

DD
PS, I'm not saying it is a bad idea... just how many times does one even run into "suspecting discs"
that you even think or consider that it could be yours?
Remember, there is no disc.
http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/
Tag # 1 (in my imaginary world)
PDGA # 26478 rating 935
38.517136°N, 090.280311°W
gottagothrow
Birdie Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:48 pm

once is enough for me.

and i don't care if someone's sensibilities are offended if i think they stole one of my discs.
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby Dthunderchicken on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:53 am

REDARMY wrote:and i don't care if someone's sensibilities are offended if i think they stole one of my discs.

Till you run across a 6'6" 250# UFC participant. :shock:
My Best:

Dave
Dthunderchicken
Bogey Poster

Postby REDARMY on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:20 pm

Dthunderchicken wrote:
REDARMY wrote:and i don't care if someone's sensibilities are offended if i think they stole one of my discs.

Till you run across a 6'6" 250# UFC participant. :shock:

someone involved in that high a level of sport should have more respect than to steal something in the first place, but i understand your point.

that's where superior intellect comes in to play. i can confuse the oaf with big words (or coerce him with cans of beer) and hopefully still recover my property either way.
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Return to General DG Talk