Workday

(Unger Park DGC is permanently closed)

Re: Workday

Postby rondisc on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:18 pm

STARFIRE wrote:We need to get out there as a group and get some more work done. Can we schedule some more workdays?

I think just about every hole out there could use some work as far as clearing small bushes, nuisance trees, stumps, etc. Don't get me wrong, Unger is at it's best right now but there's still a lot that could/should be done.

On 14 we could clear out the shrubs, etc. that are lined along the right side of the fairway just outside the tree line. There are a few areas on that fairway that aren't so fair. Hole 17 is another concern, the trees on both sides of the concrete gully should be thinned out. There isn't even a gap there! If you go hyzer and get around it, good luck having a decent lie.

If you think of Hole 10 and 18's fairways as being vertical, to cut some horizontal lines in the patches of tall grass would be awesome. You'd have a better chance of spotting your disc(it went in after the 3rd line, etc.). I'd like to say cut the whole field but I like the fairways. It'd be nice to have some type of visual aids around the grass. Cutting lines horizontally would be perfect for that, and the parks people should have no problem with it.

This course can look a lot better than it does, we just need to manicure it better. What'd ya say?

This should be done before we put the permanent tee signs/pads in.(I like the new pad for 11) BTW, when are we planning on doing that?

SF,
Let get summer over, once the leaves and bugs go we can wear jeans/long sleeve shirts and do the justice that needs to be done on the course(s).

Lets get to late fall, winter, and then things happen quickly. Let's focus then.

Peace,
Ron
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:49 pm

I went out to Hole 18 today and dug out all the stumps in the tee pad area. I also went to the path from 17's basket and dug out stumps. It is a hole lot safer now to tee off.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:20 am

Very nice CK.
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Previous

Return to Unger Park