or

http://www.discgolfcuvy.proboards.com/

or post your Question here.. thanks so much
Flying with the Flock
56ker
Bogey Poster

Re: Cuvy League - Cali from the White Tee Pads

Postby Jorge on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:38 am

Greg (gflap) and I will be replacing the missing White markers before the league. I know we are missing one on hole 1, both on hole 2, and I think both on hole 7. Some have gotten grown over, some covered in dirt, and some ripped out. If anyone sees any others, please let us know.

All of the tee pads and lines are pretty well open and taken care of, but if there are any improvments to suggest, let us know on here or the cuvy website.
Jorge
Par Poster

Postby mkane on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:19 pm

The cuvy league is a great bunch of guys/girls that have put together short six week sessions that will enable you to play your round any day of the week . We hope to get 20 people out for each league session, but we have had more than thirty.
This session is the Cali Whites, we are meeting Tuesday(times/cost listed above) so we can kick off this session at a time that has been open for the last 30 or so weeks. Each session is a different game that is not just from the reds, heck, we get to do that during our incredible league that Andy runs! This is a change of pace that shows the other side of Quail and will make you a better player, with different looks and shots not normally taken from the reds. These kinds of shots will enable you to make the transitions to other courses you may play including tournaments.
If you miss this session, its still OK you can still join because you can play any day of the week. All you have to do is have a cuvy member play the round with you, the more members the easier it is to play. There is also 1 drop week per session for even more access. So come on out get in on this action and score a super cool Cuvy Tag; can you be number 1?
Go to the web page register and check it out.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:21 pm

Cuvy,

Could you list the cost and time for this event?

Thanks,
Mark
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby Jorge on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:34 pm

I second everything Mr. Kane just said.

As for the whites and blues, I will be replacing/fixing/painting all of them on Saturday, Oct. 3rd. That is as soon as I can get to it. I have all of the stones at home, and they were cheap, only $0.69 a piece (thank you world outdoor emporium).

PLEASE LOOK FOR THE WHITES ON HOLE 2, BLUES ON HOLE 1, 14 AND 18, and let me know if you find them. I am sure they are there but grown over, so I will do my best to find them, and if not, they will be replaced.

Other than this I will be doing some minor work on holes 9 and 13 the same day. I will be working on the errosion problem on the path along the creek on 9 and a little trimming of the tunnel shot from the blues on hole 13.

I don't have enough work for 10+ people because there are a lot of improvements in the pipeline that have yet to be approved by the parks department, but when they are, I will post something with a date so be sure to come help out, but if you want to help, let me know or just be there around 9 am.
Jorge
Par Poster

Postby Jorge on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:39 pm

2 more things.

1 - For the Cuvy Tournament, I won't have the whites in on hole 2, so someone will have to mark them somehow, but they will be there for the league.

2 - All of you people who work in construction - I need scrap 4x4's or whole 4x4's. The plan is to get permission from the parks department to put them on all of the wooded holes and then eventually all the holes. 3' in length is good enough. I want to get them ASAP so we can start making them and I am going to put 2 of them in on hole 7 for the whites and blues immediately because those stones always get covered with mud.
Jorge
Par Poster

Postby 56ker on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:36 pm

$15.00 for tag
be at the park no later than 4:45pm
Flying with the Flock
56ker
Bogey Poster

Postby buckstlkr1 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:34 pm

To join the Cuvy and recieve a tag the cost will be $15, the league will be an additional $5.
buckstlkr1
Bogey Poster

Postby mkane on Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:37 pm

Looks like a good turn out to start, 25 people, got the round in just before it got dark, so you need about 2.4 hours to play. Budget your time wisely, lots of familiar faces from the league. Whites are not so easy, more like a Bran Muffin with the cali. Still time to join don't let it pass you by!!!!
Looked like a tie between Magic and the Legend, and the playoff taken by Magic for tag number one, tag three to Dangerous Dave Wilson, who also crushed hole nines CTP, I scored tag 4 and also CTP, for a classic Cuvy T. Great work guys, had a great time this thing is really taking off!!
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby Jorge on Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:42 pm

We did a lot of work on Saturday. I want to thank gflap, timmy shanks, and Jereeatriks for helping. We replaced almost all of the whites/blues that needed it, but with 20 new stones and 3 old ones, we were still 6 short. Hole 7's blues need to be replaced, one blue stone on hole 8 and 11, and also the stones on hole 11 whites still need to be replaced but the square bricks are there. Another coat of paint is needed on some of the whites that were brand new and I will get that done next weekend if I can make it out there. Most of the tee pads were cleaned off and the tunnel shot on hole 13 was trimmed up. We did not have time for more, but the course looks much better.

Until we get permission to use 4x4's on all the whites and blues, they will continue to get buried. We did not find all of the missing ones, but I am convinced they have gotten buried or grown over. One of the whites on hole one was about 3" under dirt from mole holes. So, after enough looking around, we just replaced the ones we couldn't find. When you are out there, please try to clear off the whites and blues so we can try to keep them visable and above grade.
Jorge
Par Poster

Return to Quail Ridge Park