DGcoursereview.com

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

DGcoursereview.com

Postby REDARMY on Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:38 pm

sorry again if this is the wrong forum, but i was asking a couple people at rockspring about this place and it appears noone so far has heard of it.

they've got a database of over 2000 courses in the U.S. alone, plus a couple hundred around the world.

personally, i think it's the best place on the web to check out courses near you. once you sign up, you can review courses too. the more reviews, the more comprehensive thoughts you can put together about wether or not you want to travel to any particular course.

if you want to just fart around and check it out, hit the second tab over, 'course directory', and scroll to 'courses near me'. punch in your zip and it gives you every course in a 50 mile radius or so.

I've got a few reviews there under the same S/N i use here (REDARMY), so please, write your own, critique mine and dig around.

But most importantly, WRITE A REVIEW, CRITIQUE MY REVIEW, OR SIGN UP AND EDIT THE DETAILS FOR ROCKSPRING!!!!

I may have been miserable and shot a shitty game sunday, but i think that place has the potential to be one of the best in the midwest, if not the counrty, once all the goodies get installed. the more traffic the course gets on the site, the more it'll get in feet, and the faster those concrete pads can go in :twisted:
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Re: DGcoursereview.com

Postby REDARMY on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:55 pm

???????

anyone been to this site?

this is a GREAT resource to employ for every dg'er anyway, but the more of us st. louis folk get on there, the more we can pump up our courses!

i browsed the PDGA's official schedule, and there's nothing near st. louis (if i read it right). hawking our courses on dgcoursereview could be one way to get some bigger events our way, get more money going into our courses, and the cycle continues.

check it out already!

(no i don't work for the site if anyone thinks that why i'm so adamant about getting hits on there, but we're missing out if we don't use this site for some additional exposure)
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby GALLOW1217 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:48 pm

Rock Spring Disc Golf Course is ready to play in Alton. Thank you to the Woodland Chain Gang for all of the help and to whom else may have contributed to the effort. 18 Baskets and 18 signs are all up and set. The park is closed off to drive in due to the Christmass Lights. You can park by the tennis court and make a little walk to #1. Please come out and play. Thanks again. It took us about 3 years but persistance pays off. Get you some at The Rock!!!!!!!!!

directions: 270 to 367N cross Lewis and Clark bridges, right then left then right to Bon Air, left after Bon Air to Rock Spring Dr. right, follow to park entrance. Hole 1 on top at Pavillion.
GALLOW1217
Bogey Poster

Postby REDARMY on Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:45 pm

anyway....

there's also a slice of the front page dedicated to listing upcoming tournaments; another resource to employ to get some more foot traffic at STLDGC events.
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby BubbaKick on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:51 am

DGCoursereview.com listed the top 50 courses based on reviews.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/topcourses_2008.php

Sioux Passage is on the list at #29.

JB would be on the list at #24 based on it's rating, but it only has 7 reviews. A course needs 10 reviews to be on the list. Foundation Park would have been on the list at #45 but only has 4 reviews (and is underrated IMO.) Quail Ridge would have been # 47 but only has 7 reviews. 3.68 is the score for course 50, Woodland (5 reviews) and Endicott (8 reviews) are just under that at 3.50 but again did not have enough reviews to even be considered. West City only has 2 reviews, so who knows what kind of score it will have.

We are not the only ones. None of the KC courses had enough reviews to make the list, either. So you won't find Waterworks or Cliff Drive on the list. None of the Iowa courses were there, either. It was kind of sad to see Sioux Passage as the only representative of Midwest disc golf on the list, but that's how it goes I suppose.
BubbaKick
Par Poster

Postby toledodg1 on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:48 pm

us in toledo were hooked on this site for awhile and then we just recently started using http://www.discgolfscene.com/ with this site you can send messages to friends and rivals rivals is like you and your buddies put the scores for the same round you play and then it keeps record of what the w/l is between you and everyone you want. you can also record double leauge rounds and aces and stuff like that the person who runs the event can post all of everyone scores on the site and if you win you get an acheivment stamp at the top of your page .
http://www.discgolfscene.com/profile/1101
this is the link to one of our top players in toledo and if you check it out you will see how much better it is then dgcoursereview
http://www.discgolfscene.com/leagues/Pa ... _Dubs_2008
this link is for my saturday dubs event you can hit an option to see the weekly results and also you can post at the top what the ace pool is and junk like that check it out STL. you guys need to upload some photos to your courses anyways.

peace out DISC UP
YOU SUCK AND I AM SWEET, NO SERIOUSLY!!

http://www.discgolfscene.com/profile/1413

CFR 2010 TAG #462
toledodg1
Bogey Poster

Return to General DG Talk