New pin positions at Endicott...

St. John, MO

Re: New pin positions at Endicott...

Postby tigerwoods on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:43 pm

Attn. course captain: move the baskets sometimes...it is not that difficult. This is the ONLY course where this happens. Laziness.
tigerwoods
Bogey Poster

Postby irwinje on Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:01 pm

Brad,
Talking trash rarely gets you the desired reaction... that is, unless you are trying to piss people off, in which case you're on the right track. I would recommend approaching Tom M, Chris Lang or Ron Robertson and asking specifically if they would move hole 6 (or any others) you want moved.
On a side note: Tom Murdick is not the course captain, he is just a guy with a key. Chris Lang and Ron Robertson are "official" co-course captains. So you should take it up with one of them.
Regards
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:46 pm

Hey Tiger :o better listen to JI. Not ok for you just pipe up with NO solution. If needed, talk to CK. Opportunities with no solution is not the way CK will look at this opportunity. Things only happen so fast. U can step up to the plate and do this. Otherwise please use the words on the board that will be positive. Sorry if you hate me, but things only happen so fast, in even, a club.

Peace.
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:31 am

rondisc wrote:Hey Tiger :o better listen to JI. Not ok for you just pipe up with NO solution. If needed, talk to CK. Opportunities with no solution is not the way CK will look at this opportunity. Things only happen so fast. U can step up to the plate and do this. Otherwise please use the words on the board that will be positive. Sorry if you hate me, but things only happen so fast, in even, a club.

Peace.

and to add to this, if you want the pins moved, and you don't think it is happening fast enough, how about approaching one of the captains and volunteering to help with the moving?

i certainly don't like having 7 and 12 in the C position (especially if those are supposed to still be scored as par 3's), but i'm not going to ride some busy person's ass about it unless i can pitch in.

P.S. Chris or Ron, whichever one of you kajiggered the broom underneath 1's bench, Bravo.
i hope that can be repeated on more holes.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby clanger on Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:45 pm

Holes 2,7,12 are a par 4 when in the long placements.
clanger
Par Poster

Postby jaylewisstl on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:29 pm

Part of the pins not moving is the fact that the mower ran over the sleeves on many of the placements (14A for example), so that's out of our control. It's a fair point that the pins don't move as much at Endicott as they do at JB or Creve Coeur, but it's also a lighter traffic course, so it doesn't bother me personally. There's nothing in the rulebook about how often pins have to rotate, so calling volunteers lazy over your personal preference is, at best, rude and unproductive. You don't have to pay greens fees for a round, so enjoy what we have or step up to the plate and volunteer. Ron and Chris do a lot of thankless work at Endicott.

FYI - I'm fine with the current longer pin placements given that Roller Doubles is coming up, but it's whatever. On a related note, RCF should consider renaming that one the "Let's give Jay Lewis a Sporting Chance to Win One" Roller Tournament next year.
jaylewisstl
Bogey Poster

Postby jhenson on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:15 pm

New postion on 7 (B) and 11 (the back right pin C?). Kudos to Chris L and anyone that has been helping mulch and keep this course in great shape.
jhenson
Bogey Poster

Postby scorekeeper on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:19 am

Hello to all ,if this hasn't been mentioned , Well here i go. We have a true volunteer at Endicott, don't know his name right off the top of my head , but i know he puts in alot of time alone mulching t-pads trimming around t-pads and picking up trash as he goes. I would HOPE that we as a Club could acknowledge this unsung volunteers efforts ,in some manor. Maybe an Award, or FREE Club membership for a year to help show our appreciation. If you think this is a good idea, we should invite him to the Club Championships to let us all show our thanks and praise for his efforts. LET me know what you think :geek: PEACE Francis P. ALBANESE
Last edited by scorekeeper on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
MKPH #1 KREWE in STL. R .C. F. 2014 TAG # 411
Illinois Chain Gang # ?
FUN METER #1
scorekeeper
Birdie Poster

New pin positions at Endicott...

Postby emptv on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:39 pm

Disc up scorekeeper,
I concur with the reward idea, I believe that I know who you are talking about. I have seen some of the results.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $167/$117
Sweeps= $10/$17
Fun= $443
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby kingawampus on Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:50 pm

new pin placements on hole #1 A position, hole #2 A position and hole #13 B position(right corner). Thanks to Tom and the two Tims.
kingawampus
Bogey Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Endicott Park