Is this course playable right now?

Ellisville, MO

Postby pjohnmeyer on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:09 am

Has anybody played Bluebird recently? I was walking through bluebird park yesterday and it looked like some of the holes were too overgrown to even be playable. A friend and I (both newbies with only a few rounds under our belts) were going to play there this Saturday, but now I'm not sure.

Thanks,
pj
pjohnmeyer
Par Poster

Postby emptv on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:11 pm

The LAKERS played there about 5-6 weeks ago and it was fine. Usually the overgrowth is just from a lack of useage not lack of maintenance from the park dept. Most golfers will not play Bluebird for various reasons, only a nine hole, baskets don't catch disc good, physically tough on both disc and gofers, playing on hill sides, and the never admitted but usually part of the core reason most people won't play, this course is to hard for them. IMHO this course ( note not coarse) is a true diamond in the rough, lots of nature, not huge crowds playing, nearby food and watering holes, and on a greedy note, one of the nearest to where I live. I know that this will invoke some heated replies but maybe if it does more people will think about playing it.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: Is this course playable right now?

Postby pjohnmeyer on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:53 pm

Thanks for the info. Schroeder is closest for me, which is where I played last. It could really use some love, but we had a lot of fun. As for Bluebird, it does look very challenging, but all-in-all much more interesting. I'm sure it will be quite the challenge for new blood like ourselves.
pjohnmeyer
Par Poster

Re: Is this course playable right now?

Postby hohman on Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:14 pm

I played bluebird about a week ago and it was actually pretty good for a course that isn't played much. I agree it is a diamond in the rough there is nothing like it in STL. If its your first time make sure and bring the hiking gear. I took a new player from my work out to schroeder last week. He was saying how easy he thought the sport was so I promptly took him to bluebird which changed his mind set quite drastically. He loved and is hooked.
Jason Hohman
PDGA #27508
hohman
Par Poster

Return to Bluebird City Park