Three weeks from today...

Unrelated to disc golf

Three weeks from today...

Postby gottagothrow on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:47 pm

Is the 1st game (albeit, preseason) of the much anticipated St. Louis Blues season.
Andy Mac under a new contract, Erik Johnson has avoided playing polo in the golf cart, and Paul Kariya playing on his two brand new hips and feeling "better than ever" while playing in a "contract" year.
Not to mention, Oshie, Perron, and Bergland while Pietrangelo is set to make the team, plus the D will be improved due to Brewer, the robot, still having problems with his back (nerve problems).

Wow, I am glad I am a season ticket holder.....
DD
Remember, there is no disc.
http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/
Tag # 1 (in my imaginary world)
PDGA # 26478 rating 935
38.517136°N, 090.280311°W
gottagothrow
Birdie Poster

Re: Three weeks from today...

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:28 pm

Yes, The Blues should be interesting this year. What about getting Conklin as our other goaltender? I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Osgood!! :evil:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby gottagothrow on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:12 pm

Quite frankly, I am tired as heck with the Blues getting recycled Dead Thing players.
You just can't wash off the stink from there.
But yes, it is nice to have a backup for the former backup.
I just hope last season wasn't a fluke for Masonry.
DD
PS, for all your St. Louis Blues info (plus rude and crude humor and analysis), visit:
www.stlouisgametime.com
Last edited by gottagothrow on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Remember, there is no disc.
http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/
Tag # 1 (in my imaginary world)
PDGA # 26478 rating 935
38.517136°N, 090.280311°W
gottagothrow
Birdie Poster

Postby irwinje on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:56 pm

Got my tickets for the home opener and my anniversary night in November. Can't wait for this season! I expect that Lars Eller may also make the team out of camp. I am looking forward to seeing what a healthy "kid line" can do. If we can stay injury free then I think we can do some serious damage, even if the central divisionis rated the "toughest" among THN analyists.
We will really have to come out swinging and stay strong through the all star and olympic breaks to have a chance agains Central powerhouses like Detroit and now Chichago (as long as they can stay out of jail). The one thing I can say about the Blues is that they still have a ton of character, you won't find JD (& braintrust) pulling any of the misappropriated, front loaded contract BS we see going on in other cities.
Can't wait for this season.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:59 pm

gottagothrow wrote:Quite frankly, I am tired as heck with the Blues getting recycled Dead Thing players.
You just can't wash off the stink from there.
But yes, it is nice to have a backup for the former backup.
I just hope last season wasn't a fluke for Masonry.
DD
PS, for all your St. Louis Blues info (plus rude and crude humor and analysis), visit:
www.stlouisgametime.com

You know what that stink is don't you? Octopus stink! Anyway, anytime I saw the Red Wings play last season, I thought Conklin looked WAY better than Osgood, & yet it was Osgood playing in the playoffs! Whatever. But yes, lets hope Chris Mason can continue his stellar play, & if the Blues can stay relatively healthy (that ALWAYS seems to be asking for a HELL of a lot!), I think they could be pretty good this year.
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Return to Off-Topic Discussions