Slipknot 10th Anniversary Concert

Unrelated to disc golf

Slipknot 10th Anniversary Concert

Postby STARFIRE on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:46 pm

Slipknot's self-titled album was released ten years ago. I have never stopped listening to this album or Slipnot since I first heard it. They are the new age Metal Gods. They remind me of Black Sabbath, in a way, no one paid attention when they first came out, ten years later they were Gods.

They will be having a one day Slipknot Festival held in their hometown of Des Moines, Iowa. The date is set at 09-09-09. In conjunction with this they are releasing a Limited Edition boxset highlighting this time of their career which includes a CD & DVD containing unreleased songs and video footage from 1999.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Re: Slipknot 10th Anniversary Concert

Postby listen4chains on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:06 am

I saw Slipknot on their first tour at Pops, there were probably only a few hundred people there. Pops closes down the concert venue side, cleans up, and then reopens the whole thing, and where the tables are always at, I see these two longhaired dudes that looked familiar, and then I noticed what they were wearing, and was like wow how cool. So I got to hang out with the guitar and bass player and no one even knew they were maskless, and walked right by the whole time. It was hilarious. I knew that they were in the band due to the fact they were wearing their gas station uniforms, and their #'s were on them...

Later on, some cute brunette chick came by, and said hi, and asked if we were "in a band", she was/must have been hammered, she did not know what band, or even if we were lying, and pulled her tatas out for the whole world to see, and all 3 of us at the table, including yours truly, got to sign something on her exposed, and nice looking boobs. I wrote SLAYER and my PDGA # on them :D :D :D :D :D This was when I was a waiter at Denny's at Dorsett, and I had short hair... amazing!

I have seen them eleven times, including once in Boston. I missed the most recent Scotttrade show, but I saw them at Savvis when they were with American Head Charge right after Iowa came out.
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby discdork on Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:35 pm

that has to be the greatest pops story ive ever heard she probally woke up and was like what the [heck]is this number :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
johnnys in the basement mixin up the medicine im on the pavement thinkin about the goverment
discdork
Birdie Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:29 pm

listen4chains wrote:I saw them at Savvis when they were with American Head Charge right after Iowa came out.

The Pledge of Allegiance Tour, I was there, completely amazing show, one of the best. I missed the Pop's show, but haven't missed 'em in STL since.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:00 am

Hey Eric, I got your message. Me and a friend had planned on going on 09/09/09 to Des Moines. We planned on renting a car but if you want to carpool instead let me know. I'm not sure I can stay up there longer than a day, so if you wanted to disc it we could play before the concert.

I'm still waiting on them to release more details about the show. They still haven't said what venue it will be at or how much the tickets are. They have started taking preorders for the boxset though. It's $100 for the deluxe and $75 for the basic. Here's the link...http://www.slipknot1.com
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:39 am

Best concerts I've ever been to. I first saw them over 10 years ago when they were on the old side stage at Ozzfest playing a short set at like 2:00. I was hooked and I've seen them over a dozen times since, I think that's how I know Adrian to begin with from the hack circle?
One of the best times I saw them was on the Iowa tour in Ozark when the "religious" community made a bomb threat on the venue if Slipknot went on. I can't imagine why... That was the tour with an overabundance of pyrotechnics, Big glowing 666's on either side of the stage and was also the first time Joey had his elevated, spinning pentagram drum kit with fire shooting out all sides. Plus, I thought the masks from the Iowa album/tour were the most disturbing, especially clown.
They always put on a great show!
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:03 pm

irwinje wrote:Best concerts I've ever been to. I first saw them over 10 years ago when they were on the old side stage at Ozzfest playing a short set at like 2:00. I was hooked and I've seen them over a dozen times since, I think that's how I know Adrian to begin with from the hack circle?
One of the best times I saw them was on the Iowa tour in Ozark when the "religious" community made a bomb threat on the venue if Slipknot went on. I can't imagine why... That was the tour with an overabundance of pyrotechnics, Big glowing 666's on either side of the stage and was also the first time Joey had his elevated, spinning pentagram drum kit with fire shooting out all sides. Plus, I thought the masks from the Iowa album/tour were the most disturbing, especially clown.
They always put on a great show!

Definitely the best shows!!

I was at that Ozzfest when they played the side stage as well. I remember one of my friends had to go to the bathroom but they just started playing the intro music from their self-titled album and he didn't want to leave. He urinated into a cup...which had a hole in the bottom...so people start backing away from him, right there in the middle of the mosh pit, on concrete. There's a 30 foot radius of nobody around him, he's in the center of this empty mosh pit pissing in a cup...lol. He finishes right at the same time they walk out on stage and BOOM, the started playing. Everybody was stompin' around in the piss pile, it splattered on my calf and that's when I got really far away from that area. It was total chaos. Never forget that.

I have another story...me and a friend went to go see Mudvayne, same place on the side stage and everything. They played the intro music and my friend turns and says, "I have to shit." I just started laughing, apparently the anticipation was building up and he couldn't wait. He ended up missing 3/4 of that show over that! Hilarious! I'm pretty sure it was our first time seeing Mudvayne as well. (Mudvayne was discovered by Shawn Crahan aka Slipknot's Clown, he's actually one of the producers on their first album, L.D. 50)

Jeff, I'm pretty sure I either met you at a 311 show along time ago or at Schwagstock, both times playin' hack though. I'm sure I've seen you at a Slipknot concert as well. I referrred to you as Hacky Sack Jeff for a while...lol.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Return to Off-Topic Discussions