The passing of Tim Selinske...

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

The passing of Tim Selinske...

Postby gottagothrow on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:28 pm

This is from Innova Discs:

On 8-14-09, at 3 am, Tim Selinske passed away after a long battle with LCH. He had been undergoing treatment for the last 8 months when his condition took a turn for the worse. As the voice and face of Innova over the years, Tim's affability gave us a warm friendly persona that we cannot replace. We were all richer for having known him. All of us will miss him more than words can tell.

For those that don't know Tim, he was a founder of Innova discs. I worked with him when I was out in Redlands getting my Masters. He ran the US Masters Disc Golf championships and the SoCal championship tourneys at La Mirada Park (which was my study area).

He was always friendly, helpful, and willing to give to both myself in my project, and the disc golf community. He will be missed.

RIP Tim...

Dan Doke
Remember, there is no disc.
http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/
Tag # 1 (in my imaginary world)
PDGA # 26478 rating 935
38.517136°N, 090.280311°W
gottagothrow
Birdie Poster

Re: The passing of Tim Selinske...

Postby listen4chains on Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:26 pm

wow, that is sad. I got to meet Tim at the Rancho Cucamunga offices of Innova when I was in LA visiting my grandmother in 1999,and he was there, gave me a tour, and was so nice! He even gave me an Innova hat I still have..
He was at Worlds this year, and at the ceremony for Disc Golf Hall of Fame inductees Crazy john Brooks, Michael Sullivan, and Lynne Warren, and he was supposedly doing better...

Rest In Peace, you will be missed!
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Return to General DG Talk