River City Flyers *Elections*

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

River City Flyers *Elections*

Postby irwinje on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:28 pm

October 10th & 11th 2009
Saturday: Doubles @ JB (contact Mark Dudenhoeffer)
Sunday: Singles @ SP (Contact Francis Albanese)
FREE: FOOD, BEER, CTPs, Ring of Fire, BASKETS, etc
The Club Championships is one of the most important events on the River City Flyers’ Schedule. Not only do participants renew their membership for the next year, they also participate in one of their most important responsibilities as club members, voting for River City Flyer officials or board members.
The River City Flyers is structured as a representative democracy. Each member of the River City Flyers is allowed to submit one anonymous vote to elect Club officers.
If you would like to run for any of the positions listed below, please feel free to reply to this thread, or send me a PM and I’ll make sure you’re name is added to the ballot for your desired position. Additionally, this is a good place to ask questions about the election or to state your case why people should vote for you.
5 positions will be up for election, each holds a 12 month term
President – Provides leadership, focus, purpose and global direction for the organization as a whole. Implements Club directives through delegating authority and responsibility amongst Club officers. (Current President: Jeff Irwin)
Vice President – Assists the president with all Club directives, decision processes and projects. Implements Club directives through delegating authority amongst Club officers. (Current VP: Bob Waidmann)
Treasurer – Handles all financial responsibilities within the organization. Also manages the Club inventory and assets as well as tax and legal records in cooperation with the Secretary. (Current Treasurer: Steve Kleiber)
Secretary – Responsible for all aspects of information collection and distribution. Maintains all Member, Event, financial and legal records. (Current Secretary: Andy Majesky)
Operations – Assists President with all Club directives. Communicates with Club vendors, members, sponsors and Parks representatives. (Current Operations: Chris Kinsella and Dave McCormack)

Please feel free to volunteer here or let me know if you want to run for any position and which position you are interested in running for. Please not all positions are elected officials so everyone should feel free to run for any position available.

In case you don't know you're course captains, they are
Jefferson Barracks: Mark Dudenhoeffer
Unger Park: Brad Fortman
Endicott Park: Chris Lang & Ron Robertson
Creve Coeur: Ben, Morgan & Joe Hart
Quail Ridge: Andy Majesky
Sioiux Passage: Francis Albanese

JC Sharpshooters Contact: Joe McKee
So Ill Chain Gang Contact: Jeff Ligon & Bo Toebe
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Re: St. Louis Club Championships

Postby irwinje on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:34 am

So anyone else interested in running for a position or volunteering their time to help make St. Louis Disc Golf even better than it already is?
*official bump*
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby raymandisc on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:25 pm

When does the elections end? And, when do the new officers take office? I've suggested to two of the current officers that elections end on Sunday of the Club Championships and they take office the next day. I'd also like a well organized ballot which is done well before the event and reviewed by the officers. I know I'm not an officer anymore, but I can put in my 2 cents. Thanks...
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Postby irwinje on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:18 pm

Last year voting ended on Sunday evening of the Club Championships. Additionally since most board members were either running un-opposed, like Bob for VP, or were already on the board they just stayed in office. As a board we have not had a formal chance to discuss the balloting for this year. However, it is on the agenda for next meeting. More information will be posted here as it becomes available (voted on by board members)
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby clane on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:57 pm

I'm interested in doing something to make this organization better. I'm not sure what any of the elected officals do, but I am willing to learn, and do what I can to make the organization better.
Tag #204
clane
Par Poster

Postby listen4chains on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:14 am

Whose responsibility would it be to plan and implement tournaments/promoting the sport and drumming up new sponsors and getting new parks installed?

if no particular person is directly responsible for tournaments/promotions or getting sponsors, publicity, and advertising, why is that?

At this point in time, I like where the club is heading, yet it seems that that job is not getting fulfilled as well as I imagine it should be performed, and I feel that the club needs desperately to have someone directly responsible for those things specifically, as only having a few sponsors besides the disc golf makers is sad.

Johnny Macs won't even provide a discount to RCF members at their stores, which is a serious detriment to giving members a real reason to join. Getting another Gateway disc is not really that exciting, having the opportunity to get discs really cheap without going to a tournament or online would be wonderful, especially in the St. Louis area. Johnny Macs are the biggest disc selling store. Think how many people would join up if there were more incentive to joining? There are no convenience store discounts, no restaurants, nothing!

If you've been to Kansas City to play, they are LEAPS AND BOUNDS SO FAR AHEAD OF ST. LOUIS, IT MAKES ME SAD! They have so much more to offer their members for the same price we charge, they have so many awesome parks, with awesome layouts, full color signage, and merchant discounts all over town, it is amazing. WE NEED TO GET THAT GOOD.

Whomever is reading this, I want to get St. Louis to that level, so I would like to run for the position of whatever it is called posiion that would be doing these kinds of things for this club, better than whomever was doing these kinds of things before I wrote this post, anyways. Not to slight anyone of course, I just feel that I am really good at doing this sort of thing, that is all.

My credentials per se are as follows: Intramural Coordinator for two school years in Southern Oregon, which at one point in the mid-to-late 1990's, was considered the disc golf capitol of the world...with 7 courses within 30 miles of each other (Holmes Park, Wolf Creek, Riverside Park, Indian Mary, Tom Pearce, Crow Road, and one other that is no longer there, I think) in which I ran a collegiate free disc golf tournament for 62 people for which I raised several thousand dollars worth of merchandise to give away, similar to the Quail Ridge Worlds Biggest. I also ran Saturday leagues at Holmes Park for several years, and at the beginning of Quail Ridge here in Wentzlille as well. I also have ran several other events, Ice Bowls, One Disc Ace Races, the Lance Armstrong 24 Hour Charity Marathon, and have also been in advertising for a # of years, and helped my father run a successful construction company for many years, so I am fully capable of dealing with other business men and women, and I have many skillsets that most will not due to these life experiences, and I hope that you will vote for me to jump start the St. Louis disc golf scene, above and beyond anything you have seen before I wrote this post, i assure you! Thanks to all my predecessors for laying the foundation, and getting St. Louis where it is now, but I feel with my help, it could become so MUCH MORE!!!

Thanks, and please vote for me, Eric Twedell. I am here to help, you"ll see...
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby raymandisc on Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:34 pm

Eric and Mark,

I like seeing comments. Maybe the board could have an open meeting for all who may have an interest in running for the board. I'd contact a current board member. Lets make this club awesome. ;)
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Postby rondisc on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:14 pm

raymandisc wrote:Eric and Mark,

I like seeing comments. Maybe the board could have an open meeting for all who may have an interest in running for the board. I'd contact a current board member. Lets make this club awesome. ;)

Same here Ray, it can be done.

Peace

:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm

rondisc wrote:
raymandisc wrote:Eric and Mark,

Same here Ray, it can be done.

Peace

2nd thought sunday night after club championships are complete, voting is complete.
What a thought! If you cannot show up by Sunday nite to vote and you must be current member or new member, then maybe you vote, next year!

:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby discdork on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:30 pm

sounds great would love to see the st.louis club to be as premire as it could be 8-)
johnnys in the basement mixin up the medicine im on the pavement thinkin about the goverment
discdork
Birdie Poster

Next

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion