Course now in Fulton Mo

non-STL-area and Private DG Courses in Missouri

Course now in Fulton Mo

Postby WestPlexer on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:08 am

I heard from I guy who lives in Jefferson City that there was a course that was recently opened in Fulton Mo.. I have a place close to Fulton so I decided to see if it was true. I went to Fulton this past weekend and I found out that there is a course there. It is located in a park called Veterans Park. I was just on a search and find mission this past weekend so I didn't have time to play it. I will be going there again this coming weekend and I will be giving it a run thru. It looks to be pretty easy going, but I will give a commentary after I give it a run thru. Looks like there is a few holes with water hazzards. I did notice they did have cement tee pads though. :mrgreen:
Where did the basket go to now?!
Rick
[color=#BF40FF][/color] RCF Tag#293
St. Charles Club Tag #75
WestPlexer
Bogey Poster

Re: Course now in Fulton Mo

Postby STARFIRE on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:57 pm

How far is that from STL?

Cement pads and water hazards, sounds like I'm going for a drive soon!!! 8-)
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Course now in Fulton Mo

Postby emptv on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:12 am

Disc up,
We will have to see about this on the TRAVELING LAKER LEAGUE schedule, probably have to have a exploratory probe with a few. If not on schedule, it would be a sudden fun attack, such as a Columbia trip. Hmmm, maybe Fulton, then on to Indian Hills. Just dreaming... :geek:
It sure sounds like this is fun to play! :D

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
LAKERSwhere? = custom embroidery

The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $132/$19
Sweeps= $10/$0
Fun= $149
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:25 am

Is this course 9 or 18 holes?
Fulton appears to be about 2 hours from downtonw StL. Looks like you go out highway 70 West almost to Columbia then South for a few miles. Might be a good day trip to Columbia and Fulton. Could be a future location for Ryder Cup Classic... if it is 18 holes
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby Jorge on Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Here's a few press releases/minutes I found. Kind of interesting, but the park looks small from the aerial view with a lake in the middle. It's also across the street from a ball golf course.

http://fulton.missouri.org/minutes/M81308PB.htm

http://fulton.missouri.org/minutes/121608_CC.htm

Can't wait to hear more about it though. Maybe since us Ridge Runners are closer we should check it out soon.
Jorge
Par Poster

Postby RobertPaulson on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:30 pm

I played there when it first opened. It is 18, with nice concrete pads. The course has quite a few interesting holes, mostly due to the lake but also a creek that runs through the course (it was overflowing, almost over the road, when I played). A few of the pin placements were right next to the creek, so when the creek has water in it, one has to be careful (pretend the creek next to 4a at Endicott is full of raging water). Sure it is pretty easy to drive up to it, but all long puts go "splash". Puts hair on your chest I guess.
RobertPaulson
Bogey Poster

Postby WestPlexer on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:02 pm

I'll be out at the course this Sat.(8/16) about 1-2 pm.. Hope to play one round to figure out the course and then another after so I can act like I know the layout. Hope to get some photos/video to put up about the course. Fulton is abou 60 miles west of Quail Ridge Park, 20 miles or so short of Columbia. There is a course in Jefferson City also about 25 miles west of Fulton. There is your route to take for a travelling league. Quail Ridge-Fulton-Jefferson City-Columbia. Whew! A long day or two!
Rick
St. Charles Club Tag #75
WestPlexer
Bogey Poster

Postby Jorge on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Good luck. I can't wait to see the pictures. Let me know if I'll need to bring extra discs if the lake plays a big part. I'm hoping to get there next month.
Jorge
Par Poster

Postby gflap on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:32 pm

Played 2 rounds at this course this past sat with Jeriatrics and we had a blast. Nice short finesse course in Veterans Park across from Fulton country club where I think they play ball golf. desciption above is very accurate. Please visit dgcoursereview.com and give me some yes votes on my review of this course.
gflap
Birdie Poster

Postby WestPlexer on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:10 pm

Sorry it is taking so long to post a video. My computer has been giving me a lot of trouble. Hope to post as soon as I can, as long as my computer cooperates!
Rick
St. Charles Club Tag #75
WestPlexer
Bogey Poster

Return to Other Missouri Courses