Course Maintenance

Moscow Mills, MO

Course Maintenance

Postby halogen_17 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:55 pm

Played saturday and WOW this course needs maintenance! Who is supposed to be keeping up on this course?
halogen_17
Bogey Poster

Re: Course Maintenance

Postby REDARMY on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:11 pm

halogen_17 wrote:Played saturday and WOW this course needs maintenance! Who is supposed to be keeping up on this course?

as far as trimming and mowing? the people who own the ranch. their property.

litter pickup? you and me bub.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby halogen_17 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:30 am

REDARMY wrote:
halogen_17 wrote:Played saturday and WOW this course needs maintenance! Who is supposed to be keeping up on this course?

as far as trimming and mowing? the people who own the ranch. their property.

litter pickup? you and me bub.

Yeah i figured litter pick up was the players and people who care...that stuff wasnt bad at all, few things here and there but nothing tragic. Mainly just the mowing and trimming though. Hole #2 had a tree fall right across the path further blocking the already narrow path to shoot down. I know its a lil "secret" course but it would be nice if more people played it so that it could get beat down a lil bit.
halogen_17
Bogey Poster

Postby Nick Nameless on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:02 am

I have done a few days of work out there this fall. There is more I would like to do. Mulch on some of the tee boxes, something for crossing the creeks, and making the tee pads easier to find. The owner Brian has allowed me to work on areas that need maintance. We may try to set up a 50/50 tournament for a few supplies I would rather do this than ask Brian for funds. If anyone has any sugestions you can e-mail me at jjohnbuck@yahoo.com. You can leave me a message here but I am sure I will recieve it quicker via e-mail.
Nick Nameless
Bogey Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:17 pm

Maybe we could have an unofficial Ice Bowl out there. That would be sweet!!
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby Nick Nameless on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:55 am

Sounds good, I'm in.
Nick Nameless
Bogey Poster

Postby emptv on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:53 pm

Disc up,
There have been some improvements at the DGC since the last time I was there. There is now a small stone bridge leading to #2’s tee pad, basket #5 has been moved to the right of the old position, and some new chains were noticed on baskets. These are all good things, and I have to believe that these improvements are being done without the assistance of any of the disc golf clubs or members.
The very least that disc golfers can do is to go out and play the course anytime, so that Bryan knows that it is used and enjoyed. He had expressed some concern about the drop-off in play recently, but is dismissing it due the extremely high temperatures we have had.
Remember: LAKERSFEST is Saturday night July 24, 2010 (that is this Saturday), and the full moon is Sunday night. Weather prediction is for dark, clear skies, and hot. Sounds like the perfect night to start play at 10:30 pm! It will go far with Bryan if we can get a good turnout for the LAKERSFEST and he can get some funds for further improvements that don’t have to come out of his pockets.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $199/$112
Sweeps= $5/$16
Fun= $378
emptv
Ace Poster