worse discs known to man

Talk about discs and other DG equipment

worse discs known to man

Postby discdork on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:04 am

i thought it would be cool to hear a persons opinon on the worst disc they have ever thrown please no bandwagon brand hate (like f##k discraft they all suck) my opinons are as follows Driver: dragon (who cares if it floats it sucks) Mid: backbone (worst disc in history can anyone throw this junk?) Putt: #2 upshot (how can it be upshot when it rolls back down) i hope no one was offended by my choices i carry a pretty mixed bag so now lets the crap discs of the world get there 10 seconds of shame :twisted:
johnnys in the basement mixin up the medicine im on the pavement thinkin about the goverment
discdork
Birdie Poster

Re: worse discs known to man

Postby Chucktown on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:21 am

The worst disc I have ever purchased is a Rage. I thought I would like it according to its statistics on Disc Golf Center but it acted like a Monster or something more overstable than a Monster.
Chucktown
Par Poster

Postby DISC N JEFF on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:21 pm

The worst disc I have ever purchased are as followed:
Driver- Speed Demon it is so overstable it is kind of crazy.
Midrange- Meteor it might just be me but mine is really soft and flippy, it will not hold a line if you put alot on it.
Putter- Turbo putt this disc is just silly. If you need all of those ridges on the edge an spiral in the center to throw the disc you dont need to be throwing a turbo putt.
This is just my opinion.
DISC N JEFF
Bogey Poster

Postby REDARMY on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:53 pm

the #2 upshots work well for me. granted, as you said, i dont throw them when there's a chance of rolling anywhere, but for longer putts, they seem to work better for me than my r-pro aviar :?

worst i have? Super Soft Warlock. that was part of the players pack for the a-tier. just garbage. i went and farted around at a local park last week and tossed all my discs for practice learning the power grip.

i learned a lot anyway, but relevant to the story: my DGA rogue is actually the fastest disc i have if i can get enough arm behind it (faster than my surge or beast, which i thought were tops).

but that warlock is just a turd. control grip, power grip, adjusted wrist angle, whatever, the thing went left or more left.

of course, thats what the rogue did for me before i was tossing it with a proper grip, so the possibility exists that it's an even faster disc than those mentioned above and i'm just not getting enough on it...
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby tyler23 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:23 am

The R-Pro dart is junk to me never flies how I want it to it glides good but i never release it right. Im also not a big fan of Magic's they are way to understable to drive with but thats IMO.

P.S. I have a slightly used dart if anyone wants to trade :lol:
Tag #2
tyler23
Par Poster

Postby listen4chains on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:05 am

tyler: contact shawn boley, he plays in the QR league, and he wants a Rpro Dart, so....
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby dehaas on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:53 am

worst driver by far has to be the aerobie epic. decent concept but truly a junk disc unless you need a corkscrew tomahawk in your arsenal. i dunno about worst, but most overrated midrange a year ago i woulda voted for the roc...i could never throw one straight with any distance. i've tinkered with my throw lately and tried to throw with more proper form, and it's slowly working itself into the bag. worst putter would be the birdie. i understand it's a beginner putter, but learn with an aero, xd, aviar, something else.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby Lazerface on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:52 pm

there is no such thing as a worst disc. if you have good form you should be able to throw just about anything. that said, epics should not be pdga approved.

also, a disc like a speed demon might seem stupidly overstable and slow, but some shots call for a disc that is exactly that.

i can say with confidence that a wizard is the best disc known to man.
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby discdork on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:43 am

the wizard is the best PUTTER known to man but the greatest disc known to man is the EAGLE :D
johnnys in the basement mixin up the medicine im on the pavement thinkin about the goverment
discdork
Birdie Poster

Postby HITMAN on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:30 am

Lazerface wrote:there is no such thing as a worst disc. if you have good form you should be able to throw just about anything. that said, epics should not be pdga approved.

whatduyuno another guy who dosent throw an over-hand shoot complaining about the epic.
HITMAN
Par Poster

Next

Return to Disc Talk & Equipment Chat