2009 Club Affiliate

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

2009 Club Affiliate

Postby rondisc on Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:52 pm

Is the club going to do this again? If so when to start and when to end, please. Last year some AM1s had to call PDGA so they could play BG. We certainly do NOT want to let that happen this year.

Thanks,
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Re: 2009 Club Affiliate

Postby irwinje on Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:03 pm

available through pdga.com shortly
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:37 pm

irwinje wrote:available through pdga.com shortly

Does the club get some sort of credit everytime they do an affiliation w/the PDGA? How does RCF benefit? Is the re-up of your membership done automatically? How long after this point does it take for you to be current with the PDGA? I am just asking some questions a new person would ask. Also I know there are lurkers that think this but will not type.
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:09 am

The PDGA would like to announce the 4th year of the Affiliate Club PDGA Membership
contest. For details, scroll down to the bottom of this page.

2009 will be the eighth year for the ACP. We hope the club program will continue to evolve into a useful tool for disc golf clubs around the country. We've tried to design it to be easy for a club to make the decision to become an Affiliate. Check out the benefits below and "do the math". Suggestions of additional benefits are welcome - the Affiliate Club program has been a community project throughout initial design and it is your input that helps the program develop
as it grows.

BENEFITS

- Current PDGA members on the Affiliate Club’s roster will be able to take the PDGA officials test with no fee.

- The club contact will receive a form for ACP discounted PDGA memberships. The club will be allowed to discount $5 for each ACP handled PDGA membership.

- Upon receipt of the ACP fee of $25, the club contact will be sent one PDGA Course Directory.

- The club will also receive a forum on the DISCussion Board.

<- Various disc sport merchants are offering exclusive discounts to ACP members.

1) Discovering The World is happy to offer 10% off our extensive product line to Affiliate Club members who are also current PDGA members. This offer
excludes, D.G.A. and Innova baskets, our beginner package and any otherpromotional discounts. This discount must be mentioned at the time of
ordering by phone, fax, mail, e-mail and off our secure web site (in the comments section @ www.dtworld.com).
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:28 pm

I have been in email and phone conversations with Cliff Towne of the pdga for nearly a week attempting to sort through all the confusion surrounding the PDGA affiliate program.
In order to play PDGA sanctioned tournaments you must be a current PDGA member. This includes, but is not limited to, the two C-Tier events we have in March at Jefferson Barracks and Sioux Passage in addition to the St. Louis Open, which is a PDGA sanctioned A-Tier.
Joining the PDGA through the affiliate program will save the joining member $5 on their renewal or new membership. By selecting St. Louis as your affiliate program you are representing our city in the tallies of new & renewed members. The PDGA tracks this and awards cities for their contribution. Last year we won the award for most affiliate sign ups (60) For this we received a $100 gift certificate to the pdga store. I plan on buying a few pair of quadshocks with this money as a few members have inquired about them. So look for these to be in club inventory before too long.
Basically, If you are going to join the PDGA anyway, you may as well try to put St. Louis "on the map" by joining through the affiliate program.
I have been to the site and you can sign up/renew your membership for the PDGA and save a few bucks through the affiliate program.
->go to pdga.com
->Mouse over (PDGA HQ) tab
-> a drop down menu appears
->Click on Pro Shop
-> in the menu on the left side of the screen
->Click on Affiliate Clubs
->Click on 2009 Affiliate Club Programs
->select the appropriate method (NEW/RENEW)
->as you complete your application, you'll come to an drop down box labled
->Affiliate Club
*Our Affiliate Club "tag" is 09 St. Louis Disc Golf. Though I have renewed our membership as an Affiliate Club, our tag has not been updated yet. Once it is updated you can join. They have assured me that it should be updated tonight.
Note: You must join via this method to get the $5 discount and for St. Louis to credit in the Affiliate Program totals
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby BubbaKick on Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:12 am

I was looking for World's info on the KC board and saw this post about their affiliate club program:

"I'm sad to report that we did not win the $100 worth of schwag that we won last year when we signed up nearly 70 players through the club. This year, we totaled on 45, and the galling thing is that St Louis signed up the most and won the prize. Please visit the home page of http://kcfdc.org/ to learn more about the PDGA and to download a membership app.

Rick"

http://kcfdc.org/forum/index.php?PHPSES ... pic=2716.0

It sounds like at least one guy in Kansas City hates to come in second to St. Louis. :P
BubbaKick
Par Poster

Postby kaht on Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:44 am

It sounds like at least one guy in Kansas City hates to come in second to St. Louis.

Yeah, the president of their club, no less. :lol:
kaht
Par Poster

Postby BubbaKick on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:42 am

kaht wrote:
It sounds like at least one guy in Kansas City hates to come in second to St. Louis.

And the Missouri State PDGA Coordinator. And a member of the PDGA Board of Directors. And the owner of a major disc golf retail shop who coordinates the Ice Bowl. And one of the major players putting on the 2009 World's. Once you start to understand how much influence he has, his "problem" with St. Louis becomes less funny.

At least he doesn't publish the official publication of the PDGA anymore.
BubbaKick
Par Poster

Postby rondisc on Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:21 pm

kaht wrote:

Kaht,

It sounds like at least one guy in Kansas City hates to come in second to St. Louis "correct statement"

Yeah, the president of their club, no less. "Incorrect Statement" The president of there club comes to STL every year for the A-Tier. I do not believe he will be here this year since he will be running the WCs.

They are 2 different people and the person that SK is talking about does not come to STL. It stems from bad blood years ago.
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby kaht on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:45 pm

Yeah, the president of their club, no less. "Incorrect Statement" The president of their(sp) club comes to STL every year for the A-Tier. I do not believe he will be here this year since he will be running the WCs.

They are 2 different people and the person that SK (who is SK?) is talking about does not come to STL. It stems from bad blood years ago.

Sounds like he's an impostor then. Here's the signature from the post that person made:

Rick Rothstein
President, KCFDC

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
http://www.discgolfworld.com

I could be wrong, but I think the 2nd line stands for President of the Kansas City Flying Disc Club.

Are you saying that he is NOT the president of the club? :?
kaht
Par Poster

Next

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion