Two New Discraft Discs

Talk about discs and other DG equipment

Two New Discraft Discs

Postby Working Stiff on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:15 pm

There is a message floating around about new Discraft discs:
Two golf discs to debut at US Am Championships: Stalker is an easy-to-control fairway driver that flies like a Buzzz, only farther. Ringer is a low-profile, sweetly overstable putter. Woo hoo!!!
Far be it for me to miss the opportunity to spread a disc golf rumor. :P
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Re: Two New Discraft Discs

Postby forehand on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:58 pm

Working Stiff wrote:There is a message floating around about new Discraft discs:
Two golf discs to debut at US Am Championships: Stalker is an easy-to-control fairway driver that flies like a Buzzz, only farther. Ringer is a low-profile, sweetly overstable putter. Woo hoo!!!

Yep their supposed to be in our players pack...
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby listen4chains on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:38 pm

Bryan, will you try to pick up an extra pair of these discs for me, I would greatly appreciate it, and I hope that you win this, so you can get to the USDGC and beat NIKKO :mrgreen: THAT would be excellent, to say the least!

Thanks!
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby forehand on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:21 am

listen4chains wrote:Bryan, will you try to pick up an extra pair of these discs for me, I would greatly appreciate it, and I hope that you win this, so you can get to the USDGC and beat NIKKO :mrgreen: THAT would be excellent, to say the least!

Thanks!

Im goin up there kinda straped for cash so if u want to get me the money before i leave i will gladly
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby listen4chains on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:47 am

Sure thing, I have to watch my kids all day today, but I could possibly meet up with you later today, or Thursday...I will meet up with you bright and early if you want, or that afternoon even, maybe try to get a round in somewhere if you have time. I know you have to travel far, so just give me a buzz when you get the chance. 314 302 1949

Talk to you soon.
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:43 am

Jacked from another site:

DiscraftMike wrote:New Disc Release date!!

June 29th!!

Z Stalker : 1.1 stability extra long range fairway driver with dependable control.

D Ringer: 1.5 stability overstable putt and approach that fits nicely into the hand for smooth releases.

In the works:

Ace Race 2009 disc coming soon August 1st check www.discraft.com to see if there is an Ace Race near you.
New mega-distance driver late summer

Come see us at the KC Worlds Fly Mart Limited number of X-Forces will be available

Thanks for all your feedback
Discraft Inc
The World Leader in Disc Sports.
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby forehand on Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:35 am

Working Stiff wrote:Jacked from another site:

DiscraftMike wrote:New Disc Release date!!

June 29th!!

Z Stalker : 1.1 stability extra long range fairway driver with dependable control.

D Ringer: 1.5 stability overstable putt and approach that fits nicely into the hand for smooth releases.

In the works:

Ace Race 2009 disc coming soon August 1st check www.discraft.com to see if there is an Ace Race near you.
New mega-distance driver late summer

Come see us at the KC Worlds Fly Mart Limited number of X-Forces will be available

Thanks for all your feedback
Discraft Inc
The World Leader in Disc Sports.

i have one of those X-forces. its nice
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby DISC N JEFF on Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:45 pm

you said the stalker flies similiar to the buzz. Is it similiar to the buzz as far as the rim. does it feel like a buzz?
Working Stiff wrote:There is a message floating around about new Discraft discs:
DISC N JEFF
Bogey Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:33 pm

DISC N JEFF wrote:you said the stalker flies similiar to the buzz. Is it similiar to the buzz as far as the rim. does it feel like a buzz?
I have not seen one, but I'm sure it's not. It has a 1.6 cm rim, so I'm guessing it is going to feel like a fairway driver. The Buzzz rim is 1.2 cm.

Discraft has a tendency to say all their new divers "fly like a Buzzz, only farther." They say it all the time. Innova is supposed to come out with a new fairway driver this summer. I bet they say it "flies like a Roc, only farther." It's just PR bluster.
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Hey, I'll revive this long dead topic for a minute to talk about the Stalker... since it looks like this topic died before anyone ever really got to throw and review one.

The way I see it, the Stalker's profile is shaped like an Avenger SS, but shorter from edge to lip and with a bead (like a Wizard).

In my experience, it's flight characteristics are right between an Avenger SS and a Buzzz. It flies nice and straight off the hand and holds the line you put it on very well. It flies a little faster, has a little less glide... with just a bit more last minute turn and fade than a Buzzz.

For me, it is becoming one of my favorite discs, especially as a disc to use when recovering from a bad drive and makes a perfect addition to my bag in between my Buzzz and Teebird. Well worth buying.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Return to Disc Talk & Equipment Chat