ALL-STAR GAME BALLOT: PLEASE VOTE NOW!!

Unrelated to disc golf

ALL-STAR GAME BALLOT: PLEASE VOTE NOW!!

Postby listen4chains on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:50 am

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2009/ballot_reg.html

All you do is add your e-mail, your birthdate, your zip code, and list the secret code they show you, and voila! you are in, vote up to 25 times for the most deserving of the players from both the American and National League whom you would most like to see in the ALL STAR GAME held here in a few weeks!!!!

Please vote now, The St. Louis Cardinals need your vote!

THANKS, ERIC
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Re: ALL-STAR GAME BALLOT: PLEASE VOTE NOW!!

Postby gottagothrow on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:25 am

Can we vote to cancel the all-star game?

Or better yet vote OUT the Commish, mr. this doesn't bud for you?

DD
Remember, there is no disc.
http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/
Tag # 1 (in my imaginary world)
PDGA # 26478 rating 935
38.517136°N, 090.280311°W
gottagothrow
Birdie Poster

Postby clanger on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:32 pm

The all star game is a joke. Vote 25 times? What a joke. This is a fan favorite game not an all star game. I want to see the voting taken away from the fans and have the stats dictate who gets in. Close calls would be decided by the managers. Maybe taking Molina with his great D over another with a better batting average. Creating 2 all star teams.This would make the world series home field advantage decision make sense.
clanger
Par Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:56 am

Okay, for starters, it IS nice that the ALL-Star game is FINALLY going to be played here in St. Louis again!! Last time? 1966!!!! What the hell?? As we all know, this is THE BEST baseball town. Period. HOWEVER.... clanger is pretty much on when he talks about what a joke the whole thing is! THE worst thing about the All- Star game is the SIMPLE fact that it should have ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on World Series home-field advantage!! :evil: THAT is the real joke here! But also, why are people allowed to vote on-line up to 25 times?? Talk about stuffing the ballot box! Pure stupidity! Once on-line, & then however many games you might attend while the voting is going on is all you should be allowed!!

So as long as Bud Selig (?? :oops: ) is running things, the game apparently will remain a joke, indeed!! But, it sure as hell is more than overdue that the National league would win one of these!! :roll:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby listen4chains on Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:20 am

St. Louis is hosting this, so it is awesome that both Yadier Molina and King Albert have a chance to give the American League the ass-whipping they need! Yes, Bud Selig is a douche, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't vote to help the Cardinals represent while they are playing here in OUR CITY!

For your information: I went to the last game against the Rockies when they swept us, and there were NO ALL-STAR BALLOTS ANYWHERE THROUGHOUT THE STADIUM, so those online votes are NEEDED!

It is kind of lame, that someone could get nine or ten different e-mail accounts, and "stuff" the ballot box that way, but I cannot control what other people do, only what I do.... so please vote, alright? Maybe you could write in Brendan Ryan for shortstop, while you're at it, because he is not too bad! And, Skip at second, that is not a bad choice, either. They have David Freese as third base, so thats a wash...but you could vote for Luddy, Ankiel, and Duncan in the outfield, if you wanted to. Or not.

Popularity is why Barry Bonds was MVP for three or four years, and Albert was runner-up, all we can do is pray some smarter person than Bud douche Selig will get in there as commishioner, and do the right thing and strip Bonds of his MVPs, and give them to who should have gotten them to begin with, Albert Pujols!
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby emoney on Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:40 pm

Its just how things go guys. Look at the NHL All-Star games now a days compared to the 80's and ealry 90's when they actually hit each other and not scared to hurt someone on a check. Remember the game Blades of Steel!! Classic!! Back to All star baseball tho you have to go with fan favorites. Most players with stats are fan favorites alraedy because they caught peoples attention. U can vote for who you want 25 times. I voted all 25 times and 40% were different votes because i like more than the obvious. I'm a braves fan and i chose obviously mostly braves and Cards on the NL side of things.
Live Life and Laugh At Me
2013 RCF TAG#83
emoney
Birdie Poster

Postby emptv on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:06 am

Disc up emoney,

A braves fan, that is it, Eric. You have just made the list. :o lol

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $167/$117
Sweeps= $10/$17
Fun= $443
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:41 am

baseball??

i'd rather watch soccer
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Return to Off-Topic Discussions