Baskets???

Festus, MO

Baskets???

Postby firefly on Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:37 am

Can anyone tell me why there is only one basket for each hole? There are places for the other ones so why are there only one basket per hole?

Thanks in advance
firefly
Bogey Poster

Re: Baskets???

Postby emptv on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:09 am

Disc up,
I can not say for sure but I would figure that there are a number of reasons. The cost factor $$$, & confusion on which basket everyone would be shooting at, just to name a couple. But hey, I have been wrong before and I will be wrong again. :D

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $199/$112
Sweeps= $5/$16
Fun= $378
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:35 am

emptv wrote:Disc up,
I can not say for sure but I would figure that there are a number of reasons. The cost factor $$$, & confusion on which basket everyone would be shooting at, just to name a couple. But hey, I have been wrong before and I will be wrong again. :D

8-)
These days you can get the baskets coated in different colors, so you could have red baskets in the A placement and blue baskets in the B placement to clear up the confusion. In the end, it comes down to cost. Despite how much landscaping should go into a course design, the fact is that for the most part baskets are still the # 1 expense when installing a course. Two baskets per hole doubles your # 1 expense. Ouch!
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:06 pm

firefly wrote:Can anyone tell me why there is only one basket for each hole? There are places for the other ones so why are there only one basket per hole?

Thanks in advance

The baskets are moveable and not permanent. Jokerst has A and B placements. Certain people have keys to the locks and they get moved around so there's some variety. Some courses have up to 5 different placements on one hole. It would be ridiculous to have five baskets on one hole. I have seen courses that have the extra baskets for B placements. That's 36 baskets on an 18 hole course. Seems like a waste of 18 baskets to me. If there was also extra tees to go with them it'd be different.

But yeah they're just extra placements...
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby firefly on Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:35 pm

I actually tried to move them to the different placements the other day and i didn't notice the locks on the bottom. Does anyone know how often they move the placements around?
firefly
Bogey Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:41 pm

Only course captains have the keys. They get moved once every few weeks...

We have a doubles league over at West City Park in Festus. Every Thursday, bring a partner between 4 or 5 o' clock, 20 dollars per person and you get a free disc of your choice. There's still 6 weeks of league left...
The course is absolutely beautiful ya gotta see it if you haven't already....
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby firefly on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:15 am

I have been to it and wanted to sign up but i don't have a partner. When ever i ask my friends if they want to come and play they tell me its stupid. But west city is a great course.
firefly
Bogey Poster

Postby kaht on Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:46 pm

firefly wrote:I have been to it and wanted to sign up but i don't have a partner. When ever i ask my friends if they want to come and play they tell me its stupid. But west city is a great course.

Sounds like you need new friends. :D
kaht
Par Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:04 pm

Firefly, you could still come out and play w/out paying, we just won't keep track of your scores for you. We are there every Thursday so come on out and meet some new friends that do not think disc golf is stupid. ;)
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby firefly on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:58 pm

Alright i might join you guys one week. Thanks.
firefly
Bogey Poster

Return to Jokerst Park