Tech problems?

ask questions, get answers, & find info about the RCF website/forums

Re: Tech problems?

Postby REDARMY on Sat May 02, 2009 2:57 am

jeffthrow6892 wrote:
rill22 wrote:Jeffthrow,

Are you setup on wireless? If so, make sure you do those steps to the wireless connection and not the local area connection. If that doesnt work, I dont know what to tell you. Sorry

Nope. I find it hard to believe that the problem here is in any way on my end of things. But, obviously, I'm getting around this issue & still getting on the site, so, whatever! :roll:

the problem isn't on our (the user) end.

but more importantly, i believe step 6 in those linked instructions is the one where you actually change the DNS numbers. it says so anyway in the rundown, but i must reiterate:

IF YOU DO CHANGE YOUR DNS NUMBERS, WRITE DOWN THE OLD ONES FIRST!!!!!

if the fix on that site fubars your web browser and you didn't write down what your settings were beforehand, you'll go through hell and back to get things reset the way they were.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Mon May 04, 2009 10:19 am

This site is still having issues. There are members who are clearly not discgolfers and probably are site hackers. It is hit or miss when I try to get to this site.
Manager, this site will go down like the old site if corrective action is not taken.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby kaht on Mon May 04, 2009 11:19 am

rill22 wrote:Change your DNS settings and you will be able to get in just fine. Just do step 1 from this site.

https://www.opendns.com/start/computer/

This or the pagewash link may be a temporary fix, but surely it's not a solution. Is every user that wants to read about disc golf in StL supposed to change settings on their computer before they're able to do so?

That just sounds like a good way to scare people away. :?
kaht
Par Poster

Postby Calvin on Fri May 08, 2009 3:09 pm

This marks the first time I've been able to access this site from any computer in the last 3 days or so. I generally try to get in twice/thrice daily. The problem is getting worse....
Everybody just cool out.

Tag #45
Calvin
Bogey Poster

Postby dehaas on Fri May 08, 2009 4:18 pm

i haven't been able to get in from home in quite a while and i've basically given up on it. my computer at work gets in just fine thuough.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Thu May 14, 2009 1:04 am

a thought occured to me recently.....

since it seems that people can only log in in the wee hours of the night or very early morning, i wonder; has the hosting company chopped the bandwidth traffic down without anyone knowing?

given the times i have available to log in, this makes sense. the site is given so many gigabytes of data allowed per day and then it's shut down when that threshold is crossed. that explains why i can always get in just after midnight or very early morning, but not inbetween.

:?: :?:
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby HITMAN on Wed May 27, 2009 1:06 pm

are these problems going to be addresed any time soon, it doesnt appear anything has been done. who is in charge of the site? could we get an answer?
HITMAN
Par Poster

Postby REDARMY on Wed May 27, 2009 4:19 pm

for me actually, things are getting better.

it's still not 100%, but i can usually get on during the daytime now.
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby emoney on Wed May 27, 2009 7:50 pm

the only time i've had a problem is 3-5pm during rush hour. every other time no problem at all.
Live Life and Laugh At Me
2013 RCF TAG#83
emoney
Birdie Poster

Previous

Return to Website/Message Board Info and Q & A