Creve Coeur Weekly

Maryland Heights, MO

Creve Coeur Weekly

Postby wachoutforthattree on Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:56 am

Creve Coeur weeklys will begin on April 8th at 4:30. It will move to 5:00 and 5:30 as we get more light.

It is $5.00 random draw doubles, and you can also put a dollar in for a progressive ace pool.

All money is paid out each week, besides the ace pool. No money goes to running the league.

You do not have to bring a partner.

We will all draw cards to see who is on what team. (Ace of hearts and Ace of diamonds are together, Ace of Spades and Ace of Clubs are together, both teams start on hole one. 3's start on hole 3. It's pretty easy.

Every person that plays recieves points for how they finished. At the end of the year the top ten points leaders will recieve prizes that are donated to the league. Last year we were able to give away discs and a basket. Hopefully we can get even better things this year. I will try to get an updated points rating every couple weeks.

If you have anymore questions contact me, Ben Hart #314-560-9916.
wachoutforthattree
Par Poster

Re: Creve Coeur Weekly

Postby discdoh on Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:40 am

Anyone up for a round this afternoon/evening? 75 degrees seems hard to pass up. I'll be there around 2 or 3 pm. I take all challenges and challengers. Money, tags, dignity, or whatever...you make the call.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:17 am

I'd be willing to be that if we could get an additional dollar from everyone that shows up the 1st week or 2 the CC Weekly event could sponsor it's own hole at the St. Louis Open.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby wachoutforthattree on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:12 am

Thanks to everyone who has been showing up on Wednesdays. We've had a real good turnout all 3 weeks. Week 1's winner was Francis A. and Ben H. who won in a playoff between them, Ray V. /Jason B. and Morgan H. and Chris A. The CTP went to Chris Moore. Ace pool went to 20 dollars.

Week 2's winner was Bryan J. and Mark Z. 2nd place was Geoff Bennett and Tim Kaltenbach. And 3rd was a tie between Simon H. / Ben H. and Bryan Abernathy/Jamie Streiler. Francis A. took the CTP on 15. NO Ace was hit so Ace pool went to 44 dollars.

Week 3 winner shooting a course record that might never get broken was Geoff Bennett/Mark Zolman. They shot a 49(or -20) Second went to MIke O. and Ben H. 3rd went to Francis A. and Joe H. The CTP on hole 3 was won by Mike O. Thank you Greg Doh for donating the disc to give away. No Ace was hit so Ace Pool is at 66 dollars.

Next week is the last week we will be starting at 4:30. We are going to move to 5:00 until June. See you on the course.
wachoutforthattree
Par Poster

Postby wachoutforthattree on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:13 am

I will post points leaders after next week.
wachoutforthattree
Par Poster

Postby glg886disc on Mon May 18, 2009 12:31 am

Is something going on where the parks dep. is waiting to cut the grass? I was there today and it is awful.
tag # 198
glg886disc
Bogey Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Mon May 18, 2009 10:34 am

Actually, it's the liability of "doofus brings a lawnmover to the park and cuts off his own foot with his own lawnmover, then sues County and wins" that causes parks departments to risk manage those sorts of clauses. Hiring an actual bonded landscaping company to mow might be allowable. It might also suck the entire RCF budget dry, so it's probably not an option anyway.

Back in the day Creve Coeur was kept up very well, but after the flood at some point the course was designated as flood plain and was dropped to the lowest mowing priority...basically it got mowed after everything else was mowed and they had run out of things to do. That didn't happen very often. As bad as the grass is now, it actually seems to get mowed more now than it did then.

This is one of the unintended consequences of who we are. We get pretty free reign to do our own thing on the County courses. If we didn't have so much control and the County ran leagues and tournaments and charged admission to play, the grass at CC would be cut. In a "big picture" sort of view, long grass as CC is a small price to pay for all of the control we are given at these courses.

It still sucks when you throw your disc in the middle of the fairway and can't find it in the long grass. I wonder how many discs they grind up when they do mow?
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Mon May 18, 2009 1:35 pm

glg886disc wrote:Is something going on where the parks dep. is waiting to cut the grass? I was there today and it is awful.

I was also out at CC on Sunday & the grass situation simply SUCKS!! This is a course that I WOULD play regularly if it was MOWED somewhat regularly!!! It just isn't a whole lot of fun trudging through that stuff, having to literally be right on top of your disc before ever seeing it when it is right in the middle of what's supposed to be the fairway! :evil:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby wachoutforthattree on Thu May 28, 2009 4:18 pm

22 showed up last night to play in the thunder and lightning, and the tall grass.
Ace pool is up to $170. We are playing par 3's next week. And the start time is now 5:30.
The parks said that they are going to mow the whole thing in a couple of weeks.
wachoutforthattree
Par Poster

Postby wachoutforthattree on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:36 pm

ace pool up to $180.00. Grass has been mowed. Mosquito's are out. And we are starting at 5:30.
wachoutforthattree
Par Poster

Next

Return to Creve Coeur County Park