New Leauge At Rock Springs

Alton, IL

New Leauge At Rock Springs

Postby drewm7 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:55 pm

Anyone interested please call Drew at 618-698-3961. Any useful info would be greatly appreciated. I need a head count a.s.a.p. Thanks Drew Mattson
drewm7
Bogey Poster

Re: New Leauge At Rock Springs

Postby REDARMY on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:48 am

we need more info from you first!

what day? what time? pro tees or am tees? singles or doubles? buy-ins and payouts????
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby WoodRiverChainBanger on Sun May 03, 2009 8:53 pm

Im interested, little more info please. :mrgreen:
WoodRiverChainBanger
Bogey Poster

Postby drewm7 on Tue May 05, 2009 4:19 pm

Saturdays 12:00; AM tee's ; $5 buy in. Pay out for 1st place only for now. And pay out at end of season. ----Just so everyone knows this is still in the works. I will hopefully have everything ready to go in about a week. I need some time to get tags ready and few other things.----

Like I had said before any questions feel free to call. 618-698-3961 or crazyfool_777@yahoo.com
Last edited by drewm7 on Thu May 07, 2009 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drewm7
Bogey Poster

Postby hohman on Wed May 06, 2009 11:36 pm

Why not combine with the chain gang with the tags we could use a few more people. I think they are around 60 or so. I just don't see a need for two leagues on the east side.
Jason Hohman
PDGA #27508
hohman
Par Poster

Re: New League At Rock Springs

Postby sharkbite on Thu May 07, 2009 7:42 am

I don't see any need for tags right away, why just not a random doubles on some evening during the week. We can brake it up pro/am if possible. 5 bucks a man and pay out to top ? spots (dependent on players). Sorry but money is what will draw people so more then one spot needs to be paid. Get some new guys that don't visit this board pared up with a good golfers, they win 15-20 bucks, go and tell there friend the next day, they come play, so on and so on. Once we have a little following then maybe do the tag thing on a different day for the locals.

I'll willing to do something to help or even run the doubles, as I've said before I only live 5 away and 1/2 that while at work.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left"
sharkbite
Bogey Poster

Postby sharkbite on Thu May 07, 2009 7:50 am

Maybe we should start another post with a poll on which day would be best and possible format?
sharkbite
Bogey Poster

Postby drewm7 on Thu May 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Saturdays 12:00 ; AM tees : $5 Buy in. And we are now changing it to random doubles for first round and then another round of 10 holes singles for bag tags. This way if you don't want to be part of the bag tag you don't have to be. Tags will be available on Saturday May 9th at the 1st Annual Mike Bemis Disc Golf Classic. Everyone will have the choice to join the Chain Gang or River City Flyers. Or Both!! Basically it will be the same format as Collinsville. Any questions will be answered on Saturday. I think that this is very fair way to arrange things. Can't please everyone.
Last edited by drewm7 on Thu May 07, 2009 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drewm7
Bogey Poster

Postby sharkbite on Thu May 07, 2009 3:44 pm

Isn't the Collinsville league on Sat? It probably seems like I do nothing but bitch about stuff at this course,(probably because people just do things here instead of ask for suggestions or what works best for a group of people) but it seems like a weeknight would be easier for people to make. I know it would be for me, the weekends are just so busy with family. Like you said though can't please everybody, so there's no reason there can't be two different nights/days of doubles
sharkbite
Bogey Poster

Postby ManEatingBird on Thu May 07, 2009 5:36 pm

I think Collinsville plays Wed-Sun. Saturday works well for me I work late on the weekday and on Sunday.
ManEatingBird
Bogey Poster

Next

Return to Rock Springs Park