Tee pads, concrete style

Festus, MO

Re: Tee pads, concrete style

Postby STARFIRE on Mon May 04, 2009 10:46 pm

jmckee1147 wrote:Hole 1 Blue will be moved to the other side of the road, in bounds.

Hole 3 Red and Blue to be combined.

Hole 8 Blue is too be moved back.

Hole 15 Blue is to be moved to the same side of the gravel as the Red.

Hole 16 Blue is to be moved behind the Red.

As long as the blues are offset from the reds, I'd be happy. Moving them to the left or right of red gives you a different line of approach, instead of 100' directly behind it. I'd like to see Hole 3's tee right in the middle of red and blue. Where reds tee would end is where the new tee should start, then 12' back from that point, unless the exercise station is too close....

See ya Thursday Joe (hopefully Thursday morning, too!)
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby jmckee1147 on Fri May 08, 2009 10:08 am

Another work day has been set tentatively. It really depends on the weather.

Tuesday, May 12th, 2 trucks of concrete will be showing up. Some holes will need to be wheel barreled. Most we will be able to get to with tractors and the truck to dump the concrete. We will need folks to drag and grade the concrete. If you can finish concrete you will be extra valuable.

FOOD supplied for lunch.

Saturday, May 9th, is still scheduled to complete setting the forms for the pour on Tuesday.

Thanks for you help thus for... Ben, Jen, Adrian, Dave, Dave, Dave, Chris, and the rest of the Sharpshooters.
J
Make common sense common again
jmckee1147
Par Poster

Postby jmckee1147 on Mon May 11, 2009 9:04 am

Concrete will be at West City Park at 8am. Volunteers are appreciated and welcome. The flash flooding has put a damper on pouring all the pads, especially the one under water (Where can we move 4?). We will be able to pour the pads in the upper field. Plans to get the rest of the pads poured will be posted in the future.

J

Thanks to all the help on Saturday: Jen, Dave, Dave, Chris, Scott, Ben, Adrian... some dig'en fools
jmckee1147
Par Poster

Postby davegwave on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:13 am

Lazerface wrote:To whom it may concern,

My name is Jim Misuraca and one of you guys over there at West City pulled my red star Destroyer out of the pond and left a message on my voicemail about it. I lost it during the Valentine's Massacre. I really appreciate the lengths you took to get it back to me.

Jim,

Sorry it took so long to get back on the site... PC problems... I gave Rich Nunn your disc Sunday June 6. I haven't been getting away from West City Park much lately (course maint. and improvement projects) and he felt he would be likely to see you before I would.

I also gave him 2 discs for Ryan Gorman, one for "Milos" and one for Rich himself.

Dave
Dave
Tag #256

Church of the flying disc... INNOVA's WITNESS
davegwave
Bogey Poster

Postby listen4chains on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:43 pm

Milos is a Quail Ridge league player
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:25 pm

I've been thinking about making the trip down to Festus some time soon, & was just wondering if all the holes at West City have concrete pads yet. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks.
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:29 am

Half of them are done, we're hoping by the end of June to have all of them done. Every time we schedule a work day it rains....Hole 4's fairway is still nasty with the flood water. We've been playing from an alternate temporary tee, which may become permanent very soon.

There is usually someone out there every Sunday if you want to "link" up, no pun intended.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby firefly on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:05 am

Starfire is right, I went to play on monday and my shoes were caked in mud, i lost my disc in the creek next to the 4th hole, slipped on mud and fell down a hill. So I would suggest waiting a little bit, maybe with the heat it would be a little better
firefly
Bogey Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:34 pm

Holes 2 and 3 have logs as steps going up and down the hills now, this should help people from falling while wet ;)
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Previous

Return to West City Park