Course Maintenance

St. John, MO

Re: Course Maintenance

Postby clanger on Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:02 pm

Ron & I got the sleeve in on 4D. We will move the basket there Monday if not raining. All the putting blocks are in and that area has been cleaned up. We got a truck load of mulch on 8's pad and some on the trail leading up to 8's pad. As usual it was just the 2 of us. We have a lot of mulch left to spread and this is the last week to get it all done. I'll be there every day this week by 4pm. Bring a crap shovel and help us out.
clanger
Par Poster

Postby REDARMY on Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:17 am

sorry i couldn't make it out there saturday chris, got caught up with family in town from canada, which will tie me up monday as well. tuesday i have darts, so if there is still anything to do by wednesday, let me know. in case the board is still barfing on me and i can't get in then, give me a call.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby clanger on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:03 pm

Ron & I got a lot of mulch spread today. We are going to try and tackle the 4-6 pad area and the steps and path leading up to 13's pad Wed. and that should do it for the mulch. We could use some help. We still need to ring 4 & 5's basket. Clean up a few piles of crap that are still sitting on a couple of greens. Take care of the crap written on the T sign poles. Weed eat pads, signs, baskets etc. Hopefully we can get the parks guys to cut some more of the grass before Sat.
clanger
Par Poster

Postby clanger on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:34 pm

We are done with the mulch. 4-6 pad area looks good enough for now. We still have a drainage problem to address in this area, which we will after the Open. We will not be there Thur. Should be there by 10am Fri to try and finish some of the other thing on the list. And it just started pouring outside.
clanger
Par Poster

Postby jaylewisstl on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:57 pm

Chris, we saw at least one more. Looks like the mower got 7A.
jaylewisstl
Bogey Poster

Postby brush on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:49 pm

I was able to get out here and play today and the course looks great. Just wanted to say good job to who ever is doing the extra work out there. Tucker and I really enjoyed it. :) The pin placements I thought were also a lot of fun.
Thank you
brush
Bogey Poster

Postby Lukage on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:54 am

A lot of work was done these last two weeks, especially on the start of hole 8. Logs were set to keep it from becoming a mud puddle and stones were placed to create a ditch for the water to run down. Stone blocks were also put down with mulch at the start of the hole and it really looks great!
Lukage
Bogey Poster

Postby REDARMY on Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:24 pm

i just got back from a round at endicott, and i must also agree that the improvements look fantastic.

grass growing at 3's pin, grass growing up the walk towards 7, no quagmire at 4/6's pin, and 8 looks phenominal.

3 cheers for all of those involved with those improvements. superb job.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:50 pm

In an effort to prepare for the STLO, we are having a work day at Endicott this Saturday at 9a. Bring water, gloves, safety glasses, tape measure, level, cordless driver, hammer, pry bar, wheel barrows, 2-wheelers, shovels, rakes, pitch forks, brooms, etc. If it rains and the ground is too wet, we will only work on the bridges.
1 - We are replacing the tire steps and still need qualified people who know how build steps out of block for holes 7 and 13.
2 - The boards for the bridges on holes 4, 6 and 17 will be replaced.
3 - We would like to raise the bridge at hole 4 to aid the flow of water and debris.
4 - There is a mulch pile on hole 14 for mulching around the tee pads.
5 - We are spraying the poison ivy (bring a sprayer).
Call Chris Kinsella, 314-583-3340, if you can help (especially if you have a truck).

We will not be working on the course if it is actively raining.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:53 pm

The rain has stopped and the sun is shinning. I am heading to Endicott to replace the bridge boards. If you can join me please bring a cordless drill/driver with a srewdriver bit.
Chris K
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Endicott Park