Friday Traveling League - Starts March 13th 2009

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: Friday Traveling League - Starts March 13th 2009

Postby mkane on Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:58 pm

It just started; you should reconsider; give it time.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby SteveK on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:58 pm

raymandisc wrote:We're cancelling the league due to lack of interest. I'm looking for a singles league other than the Laker. Any ideas? :mrgreen:

Ray, I say give it more time and post the schedule at every course. The local players probably don't read this forum and therefore don't know about it. I think it's a great idea, we need another singles league for those that can't make Endi on Mondays. The travelling league spreads it around which means some people won't be able to make all of the courses. Personally I won't be able to make it to the Festus, Illinois or North county courses because there's no way to make it from work to those courses in time.

Don't give up, at least not in the first month, give it time for the word to get out.
SteveK
Bogey Poster

Postby raymandisc on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:36 am

Thanks for the advise. I had two people so far after 3 weeks. I give. My head is into playing disc golf, not promoting. I really want to see at least one weekday singles league. I may start playing Mondays if Jay is doing it at Endicott.

See ya...
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Re: Friday Traveling League - Starts March Th 2009

Postby mkane on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:20 am

Ray,
Don't forget quail ridge has 2 singles leagues:
RHL - Red Handicapped League - http://www.stlclassifieds.com/rhlhome.html
and
The Quail Ridge Cuvy League - http://sites.google.com/site/quailridgediscgolfcuvy

I am a member of both of these leagues because:
a. You play when you can
b. You can win cash
c. You compete

The Red Handicap has a ton of potential because it can be expanded to the White and the Blue handicap leagues.
The Cuvy league is great because each league lasts several weeks and they use many different formats involving the members to choose them.

I still love your Travel Concept, understand your promotional indifference, but you already have the schedule made, I think you should at a minimum, post that you are playing each week to remind everyone that you will be crushing them, establish an email system i.e. a mail group, and call a few of the locals near the course we'll be playing at. With your skills, those 3 simple steps would only take a few minutes a week(not the hours you spent making RCF what it is today). As you notice the league above have their own web sites, hence after time, we coexist with the club as another avenue to disc golf, playing when you can on your own schedule. You are a talented individual when it comes to start up projects like this, better than most, good luck whatever you decide.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby raymandisc on Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:09 pm

Mark,

Thanks for the info. I'm going to play Endicott on Mondays. Last week had Jeff Bennett, Robo and Tom Murdick. Last year Nikko showed up many times.
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Postby emptv on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:42 pm

Disc up Ray,
Go with it baby, we disc golfers are notoriously slow at making schedule changes. I aint telling you nothing that you don't know though. There were many times over the years that I won the LAKER league weekly round only because I was the only one that showed. Now that never happens, though sometimes I think that is the only chance I have to win now. ;) Advantage fun, disadvantage time. As you have seen sometimes we have such a large turnout that I have seen you play two rounds in a 3some faster that 1 for us. Stay with it a little longer, as word is spread membership wil grow.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $180/$97
Sweeps= $4/$11
Fun= $378
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:37 am

emptv wrote:Disc up Ray,
Go with it baby, we disc golfers are notoriously slow at making schedule changes. I aint telling you nothing that you don't know though. There were many times over the years that I won the LAKER league weekly round only because I was the only one that showed. Now that never happens, though sometimes I think that is the only chance I have to win now. ;) Advantage fun, disadvantage time. As you have seen sometimes we have such a large turnout that I have seen you play two rounds in a 3some faster that 1 for us. Stay with it a little longer, as word is spread membership wil grow.

8-)

i agree.

i'd like to make it out for one of these friday gigs when i can work out the timing. Don't give up!
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Previous

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.