Whats the directins to el shaddai

Moscow Mills, MO

Whats the directins to el shaddai

Postby emoney on Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:07 am

what are the directions to el shaddai? i live n lake st. louis. the few people i asked said i need sumone wit me that knows the coarse. is it that difficult to find and find pins?
Live Life and Laugh At Me
2013 RCF TAG#83
emoney
Birdie Poster

Re: Whats the directins to el shaddai

Postby listen4chains on Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:45 pm

Fom Quail: 4 turns to know up right up right

Up 40-61 NORTH

Right Highway C EAST

Up Ethlyn Road NORTH

Right Deer Run Lane EAST

SIMPLE!!!!!
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:48 am

hey eric, it's mike from white birch on friday.

what listen4chains posted is spot on from Quail Ridge, and probably the route you'd want to take

but from lake st. louis: either do what listen4chains posted above, OR, go east on 70 to highway 79 (yeah, this probably is tr hughes hwy) then turn north on 79, take that up to the left (west) on highway C. then right (north) on S. Ethlyn road, then the right (east) to deer nutsack lane or whatever it is.

anyone coming from the east, just make it to highway 70 west then follow the directions above.
Last edited by REDARMY on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby emoney on Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:56 am

thanks guys for your help. I can't wait to check it out.
Live Life and Laugh At Me
2013 RCF TAG#83
emoney
Birdie Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:18 pm

if you do go there eric, take someone with you who knows their way around. i went there today after playing quail ridge and wandered around for 20 minutes, finding the odd pin or tee, but the closest i got to the first pin was hole 3.

the course map in the other thread looks pretty accurate, but i couldn't make out where the first pin is on there, nor find it when i was at the course, so a wasted trip :(

if you're coming from the west, as soon as you see the sign signifying you're in the town of Ethlyn, slow down, because south ethlyn road is only a couple hundred feet farther up the road
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby halogen_17 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:42 pm

right when you cross the creek, youll see the #18 basket, if you keep walking along the creeks ridge you'll find the tee sign for the #1 hole and the basket is about 180 ft approx behind a really big tree, the pin is also surrounded by water if its wet out...good luck! :D
halogen_17
Bogey Poster

Postby irwinje on Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:25 pm

Please call Dave, the guy that runs the camp out there, before going to make sure he is ok with you coming out at that time.
Dave: 636-661-5777
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby Jorge on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:53 am

Jeff, is there a new rule about having to call no matter what? Was there some sort of incident? I am just wondering because it is a very nice course and I am aprehensive about just showing up because I know they have events out there.

I have only played out there a few times, and every time I go I go with Link and Gflap, so I just figure they know when it's ok to be out there.
Jorge
Par Poster

Postby irwinje on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:19 am

Jorge wrote:I am aprehensive about just showing up because I know they have events out there.

I just want to be considerate of our hosts. We appreciate the use of their land/course so lets try to respect their them and at least let them know when "we" are going out there.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:40 pm

irwinje wrote:
Jorge wrote:I am aprehensive about just showing up because I know they have events out there.

I just want to be considerate of our hosts. We appreciate the use of their land/course so lets try to respect them and at least let them know when "we" are going out there.

ditto.

the course rocks, but it isn't advertised for a reason. (though someone decided to submit it to discgolfcoursereview.com, but i put enough disclaimers in there on my review of the course that people should call beforehand)

random weekends of golfing weren't a problem in the winter time, but i imagine the place will start getting crowded as the temps warm up, and conflicts will arise accordingly.
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Next

Return to El Shaddai Ranch