Quail Ridge 2009 Spring League

Wentzville, MO

Quail Ridge 2009 Spring League

Postby magic on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:35 pm

Most of you are used to how things are run by now, but here is the information for everyone else. Once I start getting some names of teams I will be post them here. The only changes I am thinking about for this year is changing the percentage on ace pool payout and possibly doing a 50/50 CTP with proceeds going to course improvements. Anyone who has played the course lately knows the course needs a lot of TLC right now. I'll be starting another thread in regards to that.

Tuesday evenings March 31st to May 19th.
Cards will begin going out at 4:30. Last card out at 6:00.

$40 per team
All skill levels welcome
Teams will be flighted after a few weeks
You will compete against your own skill level

Pick your own partner doubles.
8 week session.
Both partners must be able to make it for at least 4 weeks.
Cali style can be played for 4 weeks.*
*If only one team member can show up you are able to play style. You get one mulligan per hole to make up for playing by yourself.

All weeks will be played from the Red (Concrete) tee pads.

Weekly CTP.

Optional ace pool.
You must pay $1 every week to be eligible that week.
Ace pool will carry over every week if no aces are hit.

Trophies and/or prizes at the end of the league for all flights.

Party on the final night of league to include food and beverages.

For additional information contact Andy Majesky, 314-413-4773, andy@bdcinc.net
Last edited by magic on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
magic
Ace Poster

Re: Quail Ridge 2009 Spring League

Postby magic on Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:29 am

I went by the park this morning to verify the hours. They don't start staying open until 10PM on April 1st. At least that's what the sign says. I'm going to call once they open to verify. If that's the case then league will be starting on April 7th. I'll post here once I find out.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:16 pm

League will be starting on April 7th. I have changed the dates in the original post.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Unfortunately I received some wrong information from the parks department and the park is now open until 10PM. I am going to change the starting date back to March 31st like I originally wanted to do. I have changed the dates in the original post and I will go by the park tomorrow to post a new flyer with the correct dates. Not everyone checks this board on a regular basis, so please try to let everyone you know that the league will be starting March 31st. I will get in touch with everyone I have contact information for as well to let them know. Hopefully this will not cause problems for anyone.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby emoney on Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:11 am

Is there only 1 round a night played in this league? I would like to join but have no partner. I'm sure someone will be there that needs 1 too. Since i don't know most of these people,cuz i'm originally a birch leaguer, i don't want to get stuck with a noob.
Live Life and Laugh At Me
2013 RCF TAG#83
emoney
Birdie Poster

Postby ShaneC on Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:09 am

Yes it is one round one night a week. Its a really good time and Andy does a great job running it. There is always someone looking for a partner so I am sure you wont have a problem finding one. Rember we were all newbs once!
ShaneC
Bogey Poster

Postby WestPlexer on Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:52 pm

Any way to play, is what I would say. Show up get a partner, people are changing partners all the time between sessions. I'm sure if the 1st pairing doesn't work out you'll meet someone else later. I've been running into a lot of players that want to play and don't have a partner yet. Just come on out and join the fun at The Ridge!
WestPlexer
Bogey Poster

Postby magic on Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:49 am

Emoney, show up the first night and I'll see what I can do about finding a partner for you. There is usually somebody looking for a partner. And even if you do get paired up with a noob you'll still have a good time.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:41 am

Just a reminder that spring league will be starting one week from today.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:04 pm

I am going to make one change to league this year. We'll see how it works out and if it needs to be changed I will. If anyone has a problem with it I will cetainly reconsider in the future.

The ace pool will be changed to the following payout:
$0-100 50%
$101-200 60%
$201-300 70%
$301-400 80%
$400+ 90%

For the final 4 weeks of the fall league the ace pool will payout 90% no matter where it is at. No money will be carried over to the following year. If the ace pool is big for the final night of fall league and not hit then there will be some great prizes/party to be had.

I am doing this to make sure there is a good base amount for the ace pool. More people pay in the higher it is. This isn't Creve Coeur where aces are scarce. We will have aces hit. This change will be permanent for the 2009 season. If myself or others feel it needs to be changed after this year it will be done. I've thought about it for a while now and think it will work out fine. I do appreciate any input, but will be making the change for this year no matter to see how it works out. Just wanted to get it in writing.

On another note, I FREAKIN' CAN'T WAIT FOR LEAGUE TO START!!! It sounds like there will be a great turnout again this year. There might be a bit of rain in the morning tomorrow, but the evening sounds OK. I should be there by 4:00. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there.
magic
Ace Poster

Next

Return to Quail Ridge Park