2009 Club Affiliate

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

Re: 2009 Club Affiliate

Postby rondisc on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:00 pm

No Kaht Rothstien is the state coordinator. Jack Lowe is the president until next year he is stepping down.
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby kaht on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:10 am

At any rate, it's a bit sad to see that the state coordinator is so disgusted that the award went to another Missouri city. You'd think he'd be glad that the award stayed in Missouri instead of going to another state - since he does represent the whole state and not just KC after all.

But then again, what do I care? I'm from Illinois. :lol:
kaht
Par Poster

Postby rondisc on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:57 am

Yea I known Rothstien for a long time. That guy is a piece of work. yes it is sad!
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:38 am

Rothstein is the President (at least currently) and where he may be "a piece of work," he has done a ton for disc golf and charity over the years. He started the Ice Bowl , which has raised a LOT of money for area food shelters.
John Chapman is the state coordinator. We needed his approval for the C-Tier dates in March. Everything was handled with a couple quick emails. He is a very easy person to work with and a nice guy on top of it.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:01 pm

When did Jack Lowe step down? You seem to have all of the answers.
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby BubbaKick on Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:26 pm

rondisc wrote:When did Jack Lowe step down? You seem to have all of the answers.
The Internet has all the answers. In a post from Jack on the KC board dated Jan 31,2008:

jack wrote:I am sure that our incoming President will chime in here, but I wanted to thank everyone that came out last night to voice opinions and show support for the KCFDC. I wanted to get a list of the new officers, and we will update the pages over the next few weeks to reflect these changes.

Thanks to all of you for allowing me the honor of being President since 2001.

Here is your new 2008 EC Board

President-Rick Rothstein (2 Year term)

VP of MO-Jack Lowe (2 Year term)

VP of KS-Tom Butler (Interim term 1 year)

Secretary-Chris Timko (Interim term 1 yr)

Treasurer-John Chapman (2yrs)

Sgt @ Arms-Tavish Sanders (1 yr remaining)

I'm not sure if Chappy was appointed to complete the rest of Ricks State Coordinators position when Rick was voted onto the B o D or if that position was voted on in the last election. I could not open the file on PDGA.com with the election results. I was assuming Rick still held that position because when you click on the link to send a message to the Missouri State Coordinator the page still says: "PDGA - Contact Us Course: Missouri Attention: Rick Rothstein"
BubbaKick
Par Poster

Postby rondisc on Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:56 pm

edited????
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby listen4chains on Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:10 am

"Joining the PDGA through the affiliate program will save the joining member $5 on their renewal or new membership. " Jeff Irwin

Uh, no it didn't! What the F, I knew I was supposed to have saved FIVE DOLLARS when I gave you my membership renewal, Jeff Irwin. I am certain that I would LIKE TO GET THAT NEXT TIME I SEE YOU, PLEASE!

How many other people did not get THEIR five bucks off????? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Not happy about being ripped off, five is five, ya know??? :evil:

Ya know, i had fun and I am not complaining, just not as wealthy as I would like to be. I feel I've donated enough of my time and energy to the disc golf scene here, and I am POSITIVE I WILL DO MORE< alot more if I win the damned POWERBALL!!! :mrgreen:
St. Louis would be DISC GOLF MECCA THEN, FOR SURE!!

Also, I know that no players packs are required for C-Tiers, but they would have been nice.... maybe next year HINT HINT HINT :mrgreen:
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby mkane on Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:43 pm

I thought about the five bucks, Eric and I still am puzzled why you did not get that back. I missed last years(2008) club affiliate march C tier event. Then this year(2009) it was 35 bucks a day plus 45, wait per Eric 50 bucks, that is 120 bucks. The March C tiers tourneys used to be(in 2007) a PDGA affiliate drive and the cost was the PDGA membership plus the PDGA per cap cost to cover tourney fees, and that was the cost. For that you got in four rated rounds that knocked the rust off from the winter and you got a good start working toward the worlds and/or the Am Nationals or any other rate related events.
Apparently that(running events centered on the members welfare) is no longer the emphasis, that troubles me, however you had great turn out. I guess I'm as old fashioned as DX plastic, maybe someone could enlighten me how we let this opportunity for club members to save money turn into a cost more expensive than the St.Louis Open, then again maybe not, I just won't associate the March C-tiers with PDGA club affiliation.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:04 pm

Joing the PDGA is seperate from the tournament entry fee. Always has been by my recollection. Every sanctioned event I've played has included a tournament entry fee in addition to having to pay my annual PDGA membership fee. What your saying is like saying, I joind teh RCF for $20, I should get to play the event for free. That's not really how it works.
- The PDGA gets all the money we collected for memberships (every cent) We just facilitate the transaction and host an event to encourage people to join hte PDGA
- You save $5 off the total cost of rejoining. Which, If you are renewing, the cost is $45 + a processing fee. By joining through the affiliate program you basically save yourself the processing fee.
About the events...
You are right there were not any player packs, and its a good thing because we didn't know we were going to have 130 people until that morning. How would you have liked it if you came expecting a player's pack and we were out by the time you got there?
However
- Each division had trophy plaques 1st - 3rd
- We had 2 kegs on Saturday
- Free lunch on Sunday
- Free Water/Soda both days
- 2 FREE basket raffles
- 10 +/- Ring of Fire(s)
- Raffled off another 25 +/- prizes
All of this in addition to a very gennerous payout for every division. I'm not sure I understand why you're complaining. Seems like a pretty sweet weekend/tournament to me...
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion